Esteemed Contributor

IT Cosmetics discontinues Confidence in a foundation liquid

It Cosmetics twitter:

https://twitter.com/Itcosmetics/status/1132362346284949506

Just an FYI, but IT Cosmetics is discontinuing their new liquid Confidence in a Foundation and it's only been on the market for about 3 months. The Sephora store I was in today has already pulled it from the shelves.

The reviews about this inclusive foundation with 48 shades have been mixed - some like it and some don't.

Here's a link to a reddit discussion about it:

https://www.reddit.com/r/muacjdiscussion/comments/bsylsj/it_cosmetics_discontinues_its_only_inclusiv...

Honored Contributor

Re: IT Cosmetics discontinues Confidence in a foundation liquid

Although I havent tried this one, I’ve noticed that IT is constantly coming out with new foundations.  I’d assume this means they discontinue older ones?  My favorite foundation of all time was their cushion foundation, that was only available for a short time.  I think I bought it twice and the next time I needed some, it was gone. 

Esteemed Contributor

Maybe those plastic surgeons they work with and won't let you forget about were not so on the ball with this one.

Honored Contributor

IT just appeared out of nowhere and grew quickly with new products, it seems, weekly. It’s inevitable that some would not be received well and be discontinued. As far as their CC Creams and foundations, I find them very confusing...similar enough that so many variations are unnecessary. The on air descriptions are not helpful in pointing out the differences of one to another. 

I tried the original CC Cream. That formulation in other lines is usually a lightweight step below full coverage. IMO, it was thick, heavy, greasy and not flattering on me. I see it’s still going strong w/ many variations.

Honored Contributor

it Cosmetics has been historically awful in developing a large spectrum of good shades.  They stuck to a narrow demographic offering, made their billion dollar acquisition on the back of their cult following based on their great undereye concealer alone.  

The introductions of late are all over the place, and still they are poor in shade inclusion.  That Confidence in a Foundation liquid was terrible. It was like they added deep drops to ashy undertones to account for deeper shades, and it felt like goop on your face. 

I know why the on-air presenters talk so fast, it’s to make sure you don’t think much and just buy it. 

Honored Contributor

@Caaareful Shopper wrote:

it Cosmetics has been historically awful in developing a large spectrum of good shades.  They stuck to a narrow demographic offering, made their billion dollar acquisition on the back of their cult following based on their great undereye concealer alone.  

The introductions of late are all over the place, and still they are poor in shade inclusion.  That Confidence in a Foundation liquid was terrible. It was like they added deep drops to ashy undertones to account for deeper shades, and it felt like goop on your face. 

I know why the on-air presenters talk so fast, it’s to make sure you don’t think much and just buy it. 

@Caaareful Shopper   🤗

Esteemed Contributor

@Caaareful Shopper  I am sending a cyber fist pump  to you. FacepunchWoman Happy 

Your description and opinion about the dark shade range in Confidence in a Foundation are exactly the same as my own.   

Contributor

I noticed the same thing at my Ulta. The display was full one day and the next it was cleared out of product. The salesperson said she didn't know why. It seems like such a waste of money to launch something and then pull it in a week. I want to like IT so much but no matter which foundation I try, they all are just too thick. I do like the powder blush and the new Confidence in a lotion. I wonder what the true story is on the short lived Confiidence in a Foundation.

Macy's still has the testers up, and when I was testing these out, In a few of the shades I was testing on my hand, I would notice red pigment, which I have to assume it's just not mixed well, but untimately, I thought it was blood. I wiped it off and and just blended in with the makeup. So I tried another shade and it was the one that fit me the best, and no red pigment. I tried one more shade, just to be sure, and that one had the same red pigment color when i put it on my hand.I don't know what all that is, or mensa, but I will say that I absolutely love this product.

I have tried all of the following foundations:

1. Estee Lauder Double Wear
  2. Estee Lauder Double wear Light
  3. Lancome TIU
  4. IT CC+
  5. MAC Studio Fix
  6. Tarte Clay foundation
  7. Too Faced Born this Way
  8. Benefit Happy
  9. Urban Decay Naked
  10. IT Confidence in a Foundation Heart
  11. Benefit Hello Happy Flawless Foundation Heart
  12. Anastasia Stick foundation

Of these Foundations, This It foundation and the Hello Happy are by far, the two that I have ever had the MOST compliments on.

Next on my list is MAC Waterproof Pro Longwear!