Super Contributor

IT Cosmetics cc cream fair or light?

If anyone has used both the fair and light shade, I could use some advice. I'd like to try the CC cream but don't know which shade to get. I typically waer the second to lightest shade in any foundation but my skin is more neutral, slightly yellow toned. I've looked at photos and videos of both shades and think the fair looks too white, especially with spring and summer coming. I guess I'm wondering if the light is very dark and/or yellow for fair/light skin? I'm typically a nc15 or 20 in MAC if that matters. Thanks for any advice you can give, I don't live near an Ulta to see it in person.

Super Contributor

Re: IT Cosmetics cc cream fair or light?

Hello! I would definitely order the Light. I have fair/light neutral skin tone & the Light is perfect. Fair is super, super fair. Hope that helps! Smiley Happy
Contributor

I use both and also medium. The light shade is definitely yellow on me, and stands out against my neck and hair line.  The fair is somewhat ashy, but works if I add blush or a light touch of bronzer.  Right now I use fair along my jawline and light on the main part of my face.  Summertime I can use medium as I find it a cooler shade with less yellow tone.  I really wanted the light to be my shade.  I love the product and hopefully they will create a more neutral shade in that color range.  

Honored Contributor

I don't find the light too yellow.

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Valued Contributor

my skin tone sounds like yours and I use the Light shade.  I buff it on with a foundation brush and it looks very natural.  You don't need much!!!!!

Respected Contributor

IT has told people fair is more neutral. I have both and it's true.  They say light is peachy-pink but it's peachy on me, not in a good way.  I would suggest going with fair and wearing color products like bronzers, etc. to add color.

Respected Contributor

I used CC spf 50 in fair.   I have very light skin with pink undertones and fair is good for me.  I always go with lightest shades offered and sometimes they're not light enough...so yes, fair is more for a porcelain skin tone.

I'd like to add, this foundation is very thick, and needs some work to apply.  It does cover well if that's what you want.     went back to PTR un-wrinkle foundation spf 20 for the effortless application, and dewy, luminous finish.   I only bought IT CC for the high spf.

Frequent Contributor

I would go for the light I'm basically from the sounds of it same complexion as you. I got the fair & it looked grey on me looked almost dead like if that makes sense. The light is pretty forgiving hth.
Frequent Contributor

I would go for the light I'm basically from the sounds of it same complexion as you. I got the fair & it looked grey on me looked almost dead like if that makes sense. The light is pretty forgiving hth.

Eta: I returned the fair for light love the way it looks, you should be good in the summer too just dust a little bronzer on
Super Contributor

Thank you to all those who replied, it's very helpful! I think I'll give the light a try, the fair looks too light. I remember that I tried Tarte's BB cream in fair, and it was way too light. Thanks again!