Honored Contributor

Re: IT Cosmetics at Ulta and other comments

@jackthebearwrote:

@AngelPuppy1

I wrote about Ulta yesterday,  it's not my favorite place but I go there to check out the IT products, b/c Q has the deals but the stores are a mess at least on the drugstore side.  poorly stocked, etc

Sephora is a better place to shop,  it's Bloomingdales or Sephora as I get points from both 

@jackthebear

I didn't see your post.  I have no Sephora near me so Ulta is all I got!  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

@KingstonsMomwrote:

Didn't I recently read about 2 lawsuits against Ulta for selling used makeup?

Ewwwww!

ETA: https://community.qvc.com/t5/Beauty/Ulta-Selling-Returned-Products/m-p/4358177#M617335

@KingstonsMom

Yuck -- well, that's just nasty....

Honored Contributor

@Shanuswrote:

@chicletwrote:

Angel puppy,,,, I have had the same experience at Ulta.  They look at you like nothing will help you lady, you are old.  I was in there smelling a fragrance and started talking to another lady who want some help in It cosmetics and could not get it.  I told her I have worn a lot of their products and maybe I could help her.  We went over to the county and I helped her decide on colors and the foundation she needed.  Then when I go to Sephora they seem to have a better group of employees but they bug you to death.  I must have to say "I am just looking to see what you have".....a dozen times before I get out of there. 

@chiclet

As far as waiting on older ladies vs. younger women, I do think it’s true. I watched teens and twenties walk in, go to the products they wanted, head for checkout & leave.

I’m assuming the younger woman is more influenced by social media and see products or discuss shadow palettes w/ friends & arrive at the store not just to look around or ask questions like we do.

The SA get annoyed, even though it’s their job, to help a customer.

@Shanus

Yes, how true.  She seemed like she had no patience at all.  I was not relevant to her.  

Honored Contributor

@Daysdeewrote:

Macy's carries IT cosmetics now too.  I am not  fan of Ulta at all.

@Daysdee

Our Macy's closed, also.  It's terrible the way everything is closing.  

Honored Contributor

@septemberwrote:

I once went into an Ulta on the East Coast to repurchase a product I'd bought at another of their stores.  I had a very unpleasant experience with an SA who told me they didn't sell that item in their stores.  She then took me over to a different product (that I didn't want) and read the info on the label to me!  As if I'm illiterate and can't do that for myself! 

My Ulta, in my area of CA, is one of the better ones.  The employees are friendly, not pushy, and are knowledgeable about the products 

@septemberYou're lucky!  

Honored Contributor

@JustJazzmomwrote:

You would think reading a label would be the first thing to do before testing it for fragrance. 

Some saleshelp at Ulta do not know everything about the product they are standing next to. 

The Lancôme salesperson is very nice at the Ulta I visit but had no idea the crayon eyeshadow/liner can be sharpened by removing the bottom of the crayon where there is a sharpener. I told her how nice the Drama Liqui pencils are in terms of being similar to the Urban Decay 24/7 Eye pencils but the more recent colors have problems with their points breaking off unlike the older colors of this relatively new eye pencil line.

@JustJazzmom

That's what I'm thinking --- common sense!

Respected Contributor

I am sorry this has happened to you! The Ulta in my area is fantastic and always helpful, and I am no spring chicken! 

Sometimes I just go in to check products out then order on-line. I like their loyalty program better than Sephora.

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield
Respected Contributor

I have had very poor service in Ulta. I don't ask for help anymore....just find out for myself. It is a lot easier to check the ingredient list online....for me, anyway. Smiley Wink

Valued Contributor

There is an Ulta 30 miles or so from me.  I have never been asked if I want help or acknowleged in any way while I have been in the store.  The younger sales associates prefer NOT to wait on older customers.  It must be an Ulta policy.

Respected Contributor

I guess I'm lucky. The ULTA stores near me are clean, well organized and stocked. I'm in my mid 60s and never have trouble getting help when I need it. In fact, a few times an SA approaches me to ask if I would like to try a new product and given  me a mini makeover.

I'm slowly moving away from sephora. ULTA seems to have a much better selection.