Honored Contributor

I'm disappointed.  I have a lot of CC cream.  I really don't need more.  I like the CC illumination and the regular.  I see no glitter at all.   

I too am underwhelmed though. 

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Occasional Contributor

I feel like the value of the TSV's is also decreasing. for 59.99 we used to get at least one more item...dissapointing

Trusted Contributor

The sweet cheeks blush is a peach blush with large gold sparkles just like nars o*gasm. 

Esteemed Contributor

@chicletwrote:

Underwhelmed.....I have not used the illumination cc cream but put it on the back of my hand in Sephora and went to the window and I could see glitter.

So did I but I put the illumination CC cream on my face and I saw glitter. There's no way I want to use an illuminating foundation on my face including this one. I have used other illuminating foundations including one by L'Oreal and did not like it at all as it highlighted lines and wrinkles, especially in daylight.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: IT Cosmetics TSV

[ Edited ]

Nope.  I just bought the double size bye bye undereye with the dual end brush in the new medium tan shade.  I've always wanted something between medium and tan (which I often mix) so this should be perfect.. That's all I need.  Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

@Squirrel Loverwrote:

The sweet cheeks blush is a peach blush with large gold sparkles just like nars o*gasm. 

@Squirrel Loverwas thinking the same- NARS O!! and they didn't even get into that much but it looks soooo very sparkly. No like.

Nars O has a few sparkles - I so dislike that.

Love shimmer/glows only. I have a keen eye to sift out sparkles and such.

That was all I had wanted in the kit----now I don't at all after seeing it's so sparkly--- I own the brush like it.

That huge size foundation would last me till the cows came home if I had it and liked it but it made me look like the tin woman in the light of day and some mirrors and lighting and mad me just look much older and my skin is in good shape--but boy this CC Illum. accentuates anything on the face IMO! The lippie serum seems decent. But so much is decent nowadays..much to choose from. I pass.

My son went to Heaven 4/15/2018
I love and miss him so very much. God Bless you my dear Nicky
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

IMO, unless your skin is perfect, an illuminating foundation (actually a highlighter all over your face) is not a great look. It will exaggerate every flaw, pore, and make the skin look artificially shiny. 

I’d much rather have a semi-matte finish like the original CC foundation & add my own tiny bit of highlight (stick from NARS) high on cheek bone. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Turns out I have a supersize CC+ in my stash, so I'm good to go.  I don't want a sparkly blush, and I'm happy with the 2 blushes I have which should last quite a long time.  The lippie looks like almost nothing.  Now, if I could just get a supersize Tarte BB cream to go with, I would be set.

Edited to add that actually, I'm not really sure what the color is on the lippie.  When I first saw it last night, it mostly looked like a gloss, but they spend so little time on it and the blush.  I just watched a full presentation of it, and I'm not sure if the lip color on the models is the lippie or if they are layering it over the lip color they are wearing.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

I use the regular CC cream every day, so I was considering this one even though I have never tried the Illumination version. However, after seeing how the models looked, it's a firm "no." The model, Sheila, who usually looks like she has fantastic skin in make-up shows, looked like she had a million pores and uneven skin texture in this product - same with other models. Yikes. 

Honored Contributor

@TYwrote:

@chicletwrote:

Underwhelmed.....I have not used the illumination cc cream but put it on the back of my hand in Sephora and went to the window and I could see glitter.

So did I but I put the illumination CC cream on my face and I saw glitter. There's no way I want to use an illuminating foundation on my face including this one. I have used other illuminating foundations including one by L'Oreal and did not like it at all as it highlighted lines and wrinkles, especially in daylight.

I see no glitter or glimmer.  I wish I did see some.

I did not buy as I have plenty of CC cream.  That being said, this is a good value if you need CC cream. 

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"