Honored Contributor

IT Cosmetics TSV lipstick I hated; I now love it! Here's why++++

In a few threads about the IT Cosmetics lipstick, I stated that on my, it was too bright/garish and I was tossing it and canceling my auto-delivery.

I came across a brownish/mauvish lipstick by Lancome tucked away and thought "Hmmm" and dug out the IT one (still in a drawer, not in the trash yet, lol).

VIOLA'!! A gorgeous MLBB shade that is hydration beyond belief. So, if any of you felt the same way about the lipstick being too bright, try blending it with a browie/mauvey shade; it might wind up working well for you and it won't go to waste : )

Respected Contributor

Re: IT Cosmetics TSV lipstick I hated; I now love it! Here's why++++

I mix all the time! Kinda fun!

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield
Esteemed Contributor

I was going to suggest to blend it in with something else when I read that post..... I'm glad you did. I kind of like this lipstick and also will mix it with other Lippy too.
Trusted Contributor

I own a zillion lipsticks/balms/stains and default to my Lancome Rouge Absolue in Orchid...just read it's a YLBB shade on MUAlley! by looking at something else and saw that. I didn't think that it was but it just may be..it's "just right" I just love how moisturizing these are <3  I use alone though..not a mixer.

enjoy the It and Lancome! what shade do ya have pray tell @SahmIam in Lancome?

My son went to Heaven 4/15/2018
I love and miss him so very much. God Bless you my dear Nicky
Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

I really like the kit but the lipstick is terrible and the SMELL! Yuck!! Why do lipsticks have to have a smell. That's why I like Clinique - no ordor. This the first product of IT I have tried and I like it....so far.

Respected Contributor

the smell didn't bother me, it was the deep maroon color that I don't like at all on me.

yesterday I used my fingers and put the tiniest amount of blush on my lips, looks like a stain and it is still there almost 24 hours later. I don't care for the color, same as the lipstick yet I love it as a blush using such a tiny bit on the brush BUT if you are looking for more of a lip stain that isn't drying try this blush on your lips but go easy.

post and let me know what you think, those that try this. Anxious to hear others opinions.

Honored Contributor

@mimi5775 I don't know what color it is!! It must have been a freebi/GWP as there is a black X across the bottom which covers up the name. It's a new tube so it'll last awhile but I'll have to take it to the counter and compare the shades to find out which one it is.

Honored Contributor

i didnt find the lipstick to be smelly......at least not any different than any other lipsticks i use frequently.

there is rarely a makeup day that i dont have on a mix of lipsticks, stains, glosses, tints.....often i have mixed 3 different shades together to come up with perfection. Smiley Wink

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Regular Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

i didnt find the lipstick to be smelly......at least not any different than any other lipsticks i use frequently.

there is rarely a makeup day that i dont have on a mix of lipsticks, stains, glosses, tints.....often i have mixed 3 different shades together to come up with perfection. Smiley Wink

Me, too.  Fun to play. The only problem is I stumble onto some amazing combos but can't quite duplicate it !

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

I liked the smell of this lipstick! I thought it smelled like white chocolate or almond bark. Took me awhile to place the smell. My daughter told me I smelled like chocolate is when I made the connection LOL. 

Two of my Chanel lipsticks smell like roses which I also love. I'm not sure if that is something they do to all of their lipsticks but these two did.