Esteemed Contributor

Re: IT Cosmetics TSV - Really?

@doglover3 wrote:

I like Jamie, always watch her presentations but always had to send foundations back.

I have very dry skin and I can't wear anything powder as far as foundation goes.

I have a foundation just like this from Mally, love it but it is $45 just for the foundation with a flat brush which I don't care for.

I was very happy to see and hear Jamie and IT came out with this same type foundation now and with an extra refill no less which makes me happy.

I have always wanted to try an IT Brush so glad 2 come with this kit as well as a nice pink lipstick and blush.

I went on AD since future kits will be $10 less, $49 instead of $59 since no more brushes. I have and like the color of the lipstick, have it in the stain but this no blurring is newer so am sure I will like it as much as the one I have.

I will use her brush but if I don't care for it I will use my real techniques expert face brush which is what I used on my Mally which is gone now.

this type of foundation is great for use dry skinned ladies or those that want a nice soft look and not feel like you have a mask on which is what the IT CC felt like on me unfortunately.

@Hi, doglover. I, too, have Mally's Poreless Finish with the same delivery. I agree. Mally's is one of the best foundations I've ever used and for the reasons you gave. It's perfect for dry skin, and it is high @ $59. for a small amount. But, I'm glad you posted IT was not like Mally's. I'll pass on the IT.

I still have a little of Mally's left. I think it is one of the best products I've found in foundation. I would like someone to compare Mally's with Trish McEvoy's CC cream. Hers is $85. and would love to know if there's similarity or difference, except in price. 

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

Glad its a CC cream under 1oz it makes it a very easy pass and can spend it on something I really want. 

Frequent Contributor

Thanks Ellie for answering most of my questions.  Loaded with chemicals?   I had no idea as I was about to order this as my first time buy of IT.  I was waiting forever this morning for Live Chat to ask some questions.   I wanted to know if you got the same two brushes in future shipments and I see you don't for $10 less.  That's not a good deal for me.  

Esteemed Contributor

@TNRatPack wrote:

Thanks Ellie for answering most of my questions.  Loaded with chemicals?   I had no idea as I was about to order this as my first time buy of IT.  I was waiting forever this morning for Live Chat to ask some questions.   I wanted to know if you got the same two brushes in future shipments and I see you don't for $10 less.  That's not a good deal for me.  

Well, they sort of "compensating" two quite expensive ($48 a piece) brushes with one brow product and $10 off. The dual sided brush is very good for a foundation application, but the angled blush brush is just Excellent!

In case if THIS foundation is a hit and needs to be re-purchased, than the next shipment is a "good deal", because alone the foundation is $38 + $32 for a re-fill. Well, plus three additional products - lipstick, blush and a brow product, that one may or may not need more of. This is precisely the case, when Jamie should of offered some other shades on A/D. But did not.

Respected Contributor

@tototwo wrote:

Hmph.  I was thinking what a nice kit this is and you ladies kind of ruined it for me. 

@tototwo please do not let our comments deter you! I am a devoted IT fan and have so much of it that I really don't need any more at this time. I have tons of her lips and glosses, I am happy with my current IT foundation and have back-ups in my stash!

It is a nice kit! I am looking forward to reading the comments and reviews when they start coming in, maybe I will purchase something new then! I was really hoping they had included the new mascara in it, then I'd be all over it!

You should go for it! Return if you are not happy! Woman Happy

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield
Respected Contributor

@sonechko wrote:

@TNRatPack wrote:

Well, they sort of "compensating" two quite expensive ($48 a piece) brushes with one brow product and $10 off. The dual sided brush is very good for a foundation application, but the angled blush brush is just Excellent!

In case if THIS foundation is a hit and needs to be re-purchased, than the next shipment is a "good deal", because alone the foundation is $38 + $32 for a re-fill. Well, plus three additional products - lipstick, blush and a brow product, that one may or may not need more of. This is precisely the case, when Jamie should of offered some other shades on A/D. But did not.

I can see getting one shipment (if you don't have issues with some of the negatives previously posted) because $10 each piece seems to be quite reasonable.  And I agree that the brushes alone are worth far more than that.  Had a different color blush and lipstick been offered on the A/D shipments I think it would have made far more sense.  But to get the same ones and only get a brow power (which I wouldn't use) isn't as great a value.  I'm sure they will soon offer foundation refills on their own (likely a duo here on QVC) and if they are offered at other online and retail outlets, likely you will be able to purchase them cheaper with coupon codes and free shipping.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Tricolor wrote:

@Makeuptrendy, can't agree with you more! This TSV is a huge disappointment. Many posters have said that this foundation does not last at all. One woman claimed it only lasted 8 uses. So with a refill you are getting 16 uses. Ugh! Would have loved to see the face cream and mascara in a TSV also. Oh well, I saved some money.

Since the A/D is every 120 days, that indicates each foundation (compact and refill) should last 60 days each or 4 months total.  If it only lasted 16 days it would clearly be returned for a full refund.  I cannot imagine the compact lasting only 8 uses unless someone was using way too much and even then, I would expect it to last far longer than that.

ETA:  on the Q&A the IT representative said "The compact will last you at least 30 days with daily light usage."  So I guess it's not 60 days each unless you don't use it everyday.

Esteemed Contributor

Yes, when and if they offer this foundation and re-fill on some special deal or coupons, this would totally negate the necessity to continue with A/D. As it stands now - a super sized (compact + re-fill) foundation, blush, lipstick and two great brushes, makes it well worth the price to me on this initial TSV purchase.

This foundation and it's re-fill, being offered separately already are on the Q site at $38 and $32, if I am not mistaken.

Honored Contributor

@tototwo wrote:

Hmph.  I was thinking what a nice kit this is and you ladies kind of ruined it for me. 

@tototwo

i think it is a very nice kit and i ordered it. i already use a number of the IT products and i am anxious to try this lighter foundation.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Valued Contributor

Still a bit on the fence. I just ordered the supersize cc cream at the end of last year so im well stocked there. I am very interested in the blush mostly, and that extra blush brush. The foundation brush is not their best one - probably best seller because its one of the cheaper ones. I'm interested to try the veil but those stating that it only lasts 8 applications has me skeptical. That seems like such a waste if its true. If they were to change up the colors in shipment 2 I'd be MUCH more tempted. As it is - I'll probably wait too long before my shade is sold anyway.