Respected Contributor

Re: IT Cosmetics March 25 TSV

I'm passing. I don't need blush, the  sparkly concealer is throwing me and face cream/cleanser that you have to constantly stick your fingers into grosses me out. I probably would love the brush, but not for $70

Esteemed Contributor

@susandee wrote:

@TY wrote:

I watched the youtube video of the upcoming TSV. Boring. A makeup remover is the main item. Yeah, whatever!

For as much as Jaime and the IT employee vendors/models spokespeople have been on QVC and other shopping channels...they don't have good skin bare faced. Shouldn't they look better by now after all these years of using IT Cosmetics?

The skincare in the products does help the skin with antiaging and moisturization properties.  Don't confuse adult acne and rosacea with skincare.  These are two separate issues which require medication and lotions to keep at bay.  I have adult acne and the IT Cosmetics will not heal or correct that, my meds do.  However, the makeup does not break me out like others, covers beautifully my scarring and gives me a great canvas on which to apply my makeup.

@susandee

I do realize that rosacea and adult acne are both medical conditions that can't be cured, even with medication. But they can both be managed. As IT Cosmetics has added skin care products to their color cosmetics line like SPF 50 CC creams and powders and now anti aging creams in the last couple of years, I expect that the results to show up on their faces but it doesn't. IT Cosmetics has been a vendor on QVC for about 5 years now and 7 years in Canada on TSC. The line may be consulting plastic surgeons but maybe they should be consulting with dermatologists too.

I also wonder if Jaime's rosacea is even being treated at all with medication or laser treatments since it looks really bad when she removes her makeup.

Desiree is an IT Cosmetics employee and one of the spokespersons that regularly comes to Canada, she isn't just one of the models demonstrating the makeup. I realize that adult acne is hard to manage and that topical and sometimes various oral medications need to be used. She's probably in her early 30s and needs to manage the acne more than she needs anti-aging products, IMO.

There's also a regular model who appears in Canada who has a real bad case of melasma. The CC cream may help to disguise the hyperpigmentation but it's not helping to prevent it at all with her. And after a couple of years of her being on the shows the viewers find out that she's a soccer player. I'm guessing she doesn't wear any kind of hat when she's outdoors.

It makes me wonder just how much sunscreen coverage the CC cream SPF 50 is providing. I use the CC cream and find that even with a hat and sunglasses that I need to do peels on age spots as they pigment even with sunscreen and the CC cream

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

@TY wrote:

@susandee wrote:

@TY wrote:

I watched the youtube video of the upcoming TSV. Boring. A makeup remover is the main item. Yeah, whatever!

For as much as Jaime and the IT employee vendors/models spokespeople have been on QVC and other shopping channels...they don't have good skin bare faced. Shouldn't they look better by now after all these years of using IT Cosmetics?

The skincare in the products does help the skin with antiaging and moisturization properties.  Don't confuse adult acne and rosacea with skincare.  These are two separate issues which require medication and lotions to keep at bay.  I have adult acne and the IT Cosmetics will not heal or correct that, my meds do.  However, the makeup does not break me out like others, covers beautifully my scarring and gives me a great canvas on which to apply my makeup.

@susandee

I do realize that rosacea and adult acne are both medical conditions that can't be cured, even with medication. But they can both be managed. As IT Cosmetics has added skin care products to their color cosmetics line like SPF 50 CC creams and powders and now anti aging creams in the last couple of years, I expect that the results to show up on their faces but it doesn't. IT Cosmetics has been a vendor on QVC for about 5 years now and 7 years in Canada on TSC. The line may be consulting plastic surgeons but maybe they should be consulting with dermatologists too.

I also wonder if Jaime's rosacea is even being treated at all with medication or laser treatments since it looks really bad when she removes her makeup.

Desiree is an IT Cosmetics employee and one of the spokespersons that regularly comes to Canada, she isn't just one of the models demonstrating the makeup. I realize that adult acne is hard to manage and that topical and sometimes various oral medications need to be used. She's probably in her early 30s and needs to manage the acne more than she needs anti-aging products, IMO.

There's also a regular model who appears in Canada who has a real bad case of melasma. The CC cream may help to disguise the hyperpigmentation but it's not helping to prevent it at all with her. And after a couple of years of her being on the shows the viewers find out that she's a soccer player. I'm guessing she doesn't wear any kind of hat when she's outdoors.

It makes me wonder just how much sunscreen coverage the CC cream SPF 50 is providing. I use the CC cream and find that even with a hat and sunglasses that I need to do peels on age spots as they pigment even with sunscreen and the CC cream

The point I was making is that her product does what it says it does.  It does not make claims to fix the problems you see on the model and Jamie's face.  I live in Arizona and am in the sun a lot.  The CC Cream has protected my skin and I don't burn at all.  Normally I would be a rock lobster.  I haven't thought about it, but it would be nice if she did also speak with a derm about a possible product that could also help with acne or rosacea.  Thank you for your thoughtful post!

Super Contributor

@scatcat wrote:

I'm passing. I don't need blush, the  sparkly concealer is throwing me and face cream/cleanser that you have to constantly stick your fingers into grosses me out. I probably would love the brush, but not for $70

The price will be 59.96 with 4 ez pay.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@susandee wrote:

@scatcat wrote:

The price will be 59.96 with 4 ez pay.

Thank you. My bad. Instead of $70, I mean $67