Valued Contributor

Re: IT Cosmetics Is the celebration foundation very heavy?

Yes, I hated it. I could only make it look ok if I lightly sprayed it and then pressed it in with my beauty blender but I feel like it shouldn't be that much work to make it look passable. However, I have dry skin. Those who like it seem to be ones with oily skin. Perhaps it finishes differently.

Super Contributor

... Anyway, besides the fact that she uses animal-derived ingredients from killed animals in her formulas, I  will no longer try her products because they just don't work for me at all. I am not even that impressed with her brushes like so many are. I have brushes that I like much better and are a fraction of the cost from Coastal Scents, Eco tools, and Sephora brand. But that is just me. Smiley Happy 

@HappyDaze Is there more than just the snail slime in IT products?! I'm kicking myself because I just picked up the IT CC for eyes and didn't read the ingredients. Maybe it sounds silly, but I'm just not good with the idea of snail slime in my cosmetics. I even read a comment from someone on another site who said she'd emailed IT about the snail slime and IT had emailed back to say it's collected from the plants that the snails slide over. I had this visual of this little old guy following the snails around and wiping off the leaves wherever they went :\

Super Contributor

Snail slime in IT products?  Seriously? 

The thing that gives life its greatest significance is the capacity to care
Valued Contributor

I find that you can apply it very lightly or pile it on; it is very customizable.  I really like it.  I have tried the illumination foundation and THAT I did not like, it is too shiny and it accentuates my pores.  But I love celebration. 

Super Contributor

Now I have the visual of the "little old guy..."  Eww.

The thing that gives life its greatest significance is the capacity to care
Honored Contributor

@RipleyGirl wrote:

... Anyway, besides the fact that she uses animal-derived ingredients from killed animals in her formulas, I  will no longer try her products because they just don't work for me at all. I am not even that impressed with her brushes like so many are. I have brushes that I like much better and are a fraction of the cost from Coastal Scents, Eco tools, and Sephora brand. But that is just me. Smiley Happy 

@HappyDaze Is there more than just the snail slime in IT products?! I'm kicking myself because I just picked up the IT CC for eyes and didn't read the ingredients. Maybe it sounds silly, but I'm just not good with the idea of snail slime in my cosmetics. I even read a comment from someone on another site who said she'd emailed IT about the snail slime and IT had emailed back to say it's collected from the plants that the snails slide over. I had this visual of this little old guy following the snails around and wiping off the leaves wherever they went :\

@RipleyGirl haha, yeah that is a funny visualize and I think not! lol! The story I heard about the snail slime is that the snails are shaken or something like that which causes them to produce the slime and then it is collected from the shaker machine (something like that) . I know it is not collected from the plants they leave it on, lol.

The hydrolyzed collagen is one of the ingredients that comes from dead animals. There is another one too, I just can't remember right now. Someone else reminded me about it awhile back I just can't remember and would have to look through the ingredients again to spark my memory.

HTH!

Frequent Contributor

Don't buy this!! I'm 63 and still have nice skin, no real wrinkles, big pores, or bad things to cover up, but this makeup made me look worse than I do without it. It leaves a powdery film on me that looks like I'm really trying to hide something that I'm not. I've tried a couple of her other products too, and returned them. Her line just isn't for me. I've had enough of ordering makeup without trying it. I'll stick with Clinique which is still my favorite.

Respected Contributor

I love this foundation, have used it for about a year now. I don't wear make up every day, but this is my go to when I do. I do not find it heavy at all. I have dry skin also. I apply it with the sponge pad that comes with it. One coat usually hides some of the redness I have. I have the Illumination also but I prefer the Celebration. I did not care for her CC foundation. It was just to yellow on me and I looked jaundiced.