Super Contributor

Re: IT Cosmetics Hello Results Retinol & Beauty Sleep Set. Do you think this will do anything?

@RollTide2008 wrote:
This pack up isn’t purported to be a “day and night” set. IT has a day cream, it just isn’t included in this pack up.

@RollTide2008 @Wricardos I have this set and only use the retinol in the evening not 

during the day.  The night cream (if it's the same as what I ordered) is really heavily scented with lavender.  I like lavender just fine but found this was REALLY fragranced.  I use it , just not on my face Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Re: IT Cosmetics Hello Results Retinol & Beauty Sleep Set. Do you think this will do anything?

@RooRoo @Is this any good? 

Honored Contributor

@Mindy D - I've really been thinking about trying this.  I have tried the eye cream, think its the one in the purple or blue jar, and loved it.  Quit using it only because of the cost.  It was the only eye cream I used the whole jar.  Tried the Confidence in a Day Cream and liked that a lot too but it didn't have an spf so didn't repurchase after finishing the jar.  

This offer is very tempting.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Mindy D wrote:

IT Cosmetics Hello Results Retinol & Beauty Sleep Set. Do you think this will do anything? Do you think this has a chance of actually fulfilling its promises?

A461034

This is supposed to be a TSV but there has not been an on air presentation yet.

Hi @Mindy D .  I'm sure someone will disagree with me, but my first reaction is that Retinol never impresses or excites me.  It annoys the living daylights out of me when hosts and vendors mislead the audience by making comments about "prescription retinol". Retinol is NOT a prescription drug.  Retin A (generic version is Tretinoin) is the prescription drug.  They are related but very different from one another.  RetinA, right out if the tube, is retinoic acid and received by the skin as such.  It comes in different strengths and use should be eased into, building up to a concentration and system that works for the user.  Nightly use is preferred (work up to it) but there are some who use it only a few times a week.  Retinol, in the other hand, is a much weaker cousin to Retin A, to begin with.  Once applied, it has to go through some metabolic changes to become retinoic acid and received by the skin.  With each of the changes it weakens even more.  That said, how much is the skin really getting by then?  It would take a few months to see any change or improvement with Retin A.  How much more then for the weaker cousin?  

Respected Contributor

Do I need retinol? (I mean, I think the time to start using it is probably before you need it.)

Honored Contributor

@Mindy D - went and read reviews on another site re the Hello Results cream and have decided not to order.  While it basically got good reviews - think 4 out of 5, there were quite a few with sensitive skin that had issues.  I've decided to stick with Paula's Choice.  If you get this, let us know how it works for you.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Just buy retinol.  You'll get better results from the pure stuff than what little is mixed in with a serum or moisturizer. 

I like the way they take the lid off the moisturizer and place it next to the jar to beef up the picture, making you think you're getting more than you really are.  Same with the mascara.  Couldn't just offer the two jars.   That wouldn't be enough.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@RooRoo wrote:

@RollTide2008 wrote:
This pack up isn’t purported to be a “day and night” set. IT has a day cream, it just isn’t included in this pack up.

@RollTide2008 @Wricardos I have this set and only use the retinol in the evening not 

during the day.  The night cream (if it's the same as what I ordered) is really heavily scented with lavender.  I like lavender just fine but found this was REALLY fragranced.  I use it , just not on my face Smiley Happy

I've been using the Beauty Sleep night cream and I don't find it heavily lavendar fragranced at all.  But I find I only use a little bit (not sure if that is a factor) or maybe I got a different batch!

Respected Contributor

I use the IT day cream. I feel like if I need to take what I think I need and put back half to get the right amount.
Honored Contributor

Do we know the retinol percentage in here??