Honored Contributor

Hi QVC Beauties!  Have any of you tried the new IT Cosmetics Bye Bye Makeup Cleansing Balm Makeup Remover?  I tried the previous version when it was new, but didn't care for it & the funny thing is it's been so long I don't even remember why I didn't care for it.

Have any of you used the new one?  If so, how does it perform?  Did you use the previous version?  If so how does the new one compare to the previous one?

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Respected Contributor

Re: IT Cosmetics Cleansing Balm

[ Edited ]

I bought it a couple of months ago. Don't know which version. I hated it. It didn't remove make up effectively at all. Just made a greasy mess. Absolutely did not take off eye makeup. My toner afterwards showed me how much makeup was still on my face. I had to wash my face after, and use my Clinique eye makeup remover. 
After a few uses I threw it out. 

Harmonize the World
Honored Contributor

@fairydogmother 

Wow!  That's a shame you still had to use a make-up remover after using it.  I think the new version just came out in the last 2 months so maybe you had the previous version.  Here is a picture of the new version.  Did yours look like this?

C0DC217F-1267-4861-BD16-8EE68E06030A.jpeg

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Honored Contributor

Interesting @SurferWife 

I didn't know there was a new version.

I have several of the old version.

I have very dry skin, so I like it on my face.

Gets a big fat 0 on eyes!  Just awful, doesn't take off regular mascara or liner at all....and I saw goo for hours!

I hope some reply that have tried the new version.

Respected Contributor

@SurferWife wrote:

@fairydogmother 

Wow!  That's a shame you still had to use a make-up remover after using it.  I think the new version just came out in the last 2 months so maybe you had the previous version.  Here is a picture of the new version.  Did yours look like this?

C0DC217F-1267-4861-BD16-8EE68E06030A.jpeg

Nope. So it was the old version that I had

Harmonize the World
Respected Contributor

im not willing to spend any more money on this. Regardless of reformulation. What really takes off make up is the microfiber facial towels. Every trace of face and eye makeup comes off with a wet towel. My cotton ball and toner show absolutely nothing afterwards. It's cost effective because they are machine washable. I have used these for over and year and given as gifts. 

Harmonize the World
Respected Contributor

Isn’t cleansing balm supposed to make your face a greasy mess and then you wash it off with cleanser?
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Gee @RollTide2008 

It doesn't say to do that....I use it on dry skin, then my claisonic, then rinse clean.

I have never added another cleanser ....it does remove my foundation/blush very well.  My Dr. Denese pads are clean afterward.

My face actually doesn't feel greasy, but nice and soft/smooth.  Then again, I have dry skin.  I switch it up w/ other cleansers during the week.  Use it mostly when my skin is feeling exceptionally dry.

I don't wear waterproof anything on my eyes and it removed nothing!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@RollTide2008 wrote:
Isn’t cleansing balm supposed to make your face a greasy mess and then you wash it off with cleanser?

@RollTide2008   No, it does not leave a greasy mess.  A cleansing balm, intended for makeup removal, is usually oil based.  It gets applied to dry skin, massaged around and then a little water is added to emulsify.  It is then removed with a warm, damp cloth, to reveal clean, soft skin.  Some may choose to do a splashing type rinse.  Some people stop there.  Others will follow up with a more traditonal cleanser. 

Honored Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

@RollTide2008 wrote:

@RollTide2008   No, it does not leave a greasy mess.  A cleansing balm, intended for makeup removal, is usually oil based.  It gets applied to dry skin, massaged around and then a little water is added to emulsify.  It is then removed with a warm, damp cloth, to reveal clean, soft skin.  Some may choose to do a splashing type rinse.  Some people stop there.  Others will follow up with a more traditonal cleanser. 

@JeanLouiseFinch and @RollTide2008 

That is how I use mine.  I apply my cleansing balm to dry skin, massage in, the remove with my Campanelli face cloth and warm water.  I am a double-cleansing fan, so my second cleanse is with my regular lotion facial cleanser + my Pop Sonic Spade.

I use the e.l.f. HOLY HYDRATION! MAKEUP MELTING CLEANSING BALM and for my second cleanse I use my WEN Bella Spirit Facial cleanser.

Remove make-up:

D55B2FAA-E279-415B-A821-70D2B0BC2D00.jpeg

346350D1-9521-4F90-BFF5-AF7369C83CE8.jpeg

Second cleanse:

9A3936A7-8ADF-4913-97FB-B0EC732488B0.jpeg

ED5F0B6D-599C-4F42-8BAE-9D448B280119.jpeg