Super Contributor

IT Cosmetics Celebration Foundation Original vs Illuminating

[ Edited ]

Has anyone tried both versions of Celebration Foundation, if so how do they compare? Which do you prefer? How do the shades compare? I think I remember reading here on BB that Illumination runs a bit darker than Original? Is that true? I would have quessed it to be the other way around. I've tried Original and liked it, on the fence about this, love the look of that brush!

Esteemed Contributor

Re: IT Cosmetics Celebration Foundation Original vs Illuminating

@Summer Shine wrote:

Has anyone tried both versions of Celebration Foundation, if so how do they compare? Which do you prefer? How do the shades compare? I think I remember reading here on BB that Illumination runs a bit darker than Original? Is that true? I would have quessed it to be the other way around. I've tried Original and liked it, on the fence about this, love the look of that brush!

I have to say I like them both, but only in her liquid foundation.  I'm not really a fan of her powder foundations.  If I had to choose between the regular and the illumination, I pick the illumination hands down!  That one gives you a nice glow.  It gives a nice suttle glow to your face.  I much prefer the illumination just for that reason.  The Super Size CC cream I have and I love that also.  Gives great coverage.  I just think that liquid foundation looks way better on the face then any powder.  

I ordered both of these foundations in Medium.  I can't tell the difference on how it looks on my face as regards to color.  I did order the tsv and curious to try the powder with illumination, but mainly ordered it just to get that fabulous brush.  I wanted to try that lipstick also.  With a credit I had for 30 bucks it was well worth the investment.  I got this tsv for half price.  

Does anyone know what eye shadow all the models were wearing tonight.  It appeared to be a pink but maybe it is the winter color theme.

Occasional Contributor

I love them both. I do feel the illumination foundation is a slightly heavier coverage however it actually covers more beautifully then in the on air presentations which to me look to heavy. I was very happily surprised how nice both foundations looked on, good coverage but still natural. If I had to choose a fave I would pick the Illumination version. I didn't see any noticeable difference in shade.

Respected Contributor

@BlingQueen022 wrote:

@Summer Shine wrote:

I have to say I like them both, but only in her liquid foundation.  I'm not really a fan of her powder foundations.  If I had to choose between the regular and the illumination, I pick the illumination hands down!  That one gives you a nice glow.  It gives a nice suttle glow to your face.  I much prefer the illumination just for that reason.  The Super Size CC cream I have and I love that also.  Gives great coverage.  I just think that liquid foundation looks way better on the face then any powder.  

I ordered both of these foundations in Medium.  I can't tell the difference on how it looks on my face as regards to color.  I did order the tsv and curious to try the powder with illumination, but mainly ordered it just to get that fabulous brush.  I wanted to try that lipstick also.  With a credit I had for 30 bucks it was well worth the investment.  I got this tsv for half price.  

I've used the liquit Illumination Celebration Foundation - it is GLITTERY!  I've posted this before - you don't notice it until you get in the sun and then it looks like you've been decorating a glittery christmas tree all day.  I was horrified because I had gone out in it before and had no idea that's how it looked.  They say "no glitter", but there definitely is. 

QVC Social Team

Hello @Summer Shine@hoosieroriginal@SuzNJ@strahla@BlingQueen022 - 

Just jumping in here in case you haven't noticed that the IT Cosmetics team is hosting a chat in the Today's Special Value forum and would happily answer your questions. Here is a link to it - IT Cosmetics Q&A

Have fun!

Esteemed Contributor

@Eva-QVC wrote:

Hello @Summer Shine@hoosieroriginal@SuzNJ@strahla@BlingQueen022 - 

Just jumping in here in case you haven't noticed that the IT Cosmetics team is hosting a chat in the Today's Special Value forum and would happily answer your questions. Here is a link to it - IT Cosmetics Q&A

Have fun!

Thanks Eva for the info.  I think I have every brush that IT Cosmetics ever made known to man, lol.  I love Jamie's makeup.  It's fabulous.  Her tsv with that fabulous brush will be on it's way to me soon!