Trusted Contributor

what do you think?  Are the brushes included in the kits the same  as those purchased separately?  Or do you think they are a less quality?

Respected Contributor

The brushes that are included in the kits are the exact same brushes sold separately. It makes no sense to buy a brush separately when you can usually get a product and a brush for less than the brush itself.  The brushes with the black handles are usually the best. There may be another line of brushes at Ulta that are plush but I haven't purchased any from Ulta.

QVC sells It Brush sets for the  Holiday Season. They should be coming out shortly.Again, the brushes with the black handles are always the best ones.

The It Cosmetic Site (not the GR site) sells brush sets as well as provides free gifts before the Holiday Season. I don't know if the new company that purchased It Cosmetics will follow this policy.

I have purchased the brush set last year from Jamie's It Cosmetics Site. What I am not pleased with is that Jamie/It Cosmetics provides Gunther Ranky with my email address so that I continually get their emails regarding their products. And yes, I opt out of the subscription but it doesn't help.

I personally do not recommend purchasing from GR.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: IT Cosmetic brushes

[ Edited ]

Actually,who cares.I'd rather lower prices and by my own choice of brushes!!!   I really

dislike this company.......can you tell ............lol

Super Contributor

I just talked to the sales person at Ulta about IT brushes yesterday. She explained the three levels of quality. She also told me that even though the black handled brushes are supposed to be the top of the line, they don't recover from cleaning like the others do. She even showed me examples of ones they'd cleaned and how they look now. She said she recommends the mid-level brushes. 

While I breathe, I hope - - South Carolina
Esteemed Contributor

@MercysMom wrote:

I just talked to the sales person at Ulta about IT brushes yesterday. She explained the three levels of quality. She also told me that even though the black handled brushes are supposed to be the top of the line, they don't recover from cleaning like the others do. She even showed me examples of ones they'd cleaned and how they look now. She said she recommends the mid-level brushes. 

@MercysMom You know I have some ocean front property in Arizona if you're interested.  What the sales woman said is baloney.  I have the silver brushes and I have the black handled brushes. I wash them once a week and they have held up fine.  They all look brand new.  She's lucky she didn't say to me.  I would abruptly disagreed with her in a NY minute. 

Valued Contributor

I cant believe you asked this  I was just told at Ulta they are not  She said they dont include as many hairs

Trusted Contributor

Tomorrow on 9/20 one of the specials of the day at Ulta is the IT cosmetics buffing mineral powder brush. Regularly $30, on sale for $15. I noted it had the silver handle.

Super Contributor

@TexasMom1 wrote:

Tomorrow on 9/20 one of the specials of the day at Ulta is the IT cosmetics buffing mineral powder brush. Regularly $30, on sale for $15. I noted it had the silver handle.

I believe I read that you had to buy a foundation to get the deal on the brush.

Esteemed Contributor

I think that some of the IT Cosmetics brushes that come with the kits are OK but there's always so much duplication and I dislike those double ended makeup brushes that they include with the CC creams or foundations. I actually gave some away and took one and easily pulled off the smaller end brush as the ferrul wasn't glued on that well and turned the brush into a mini makeup travel brush.

While I like taklon nylon makeup brushes, I do not like light colored ones as they stain easily with foundation, blush and bronzers (and this also applies to other brands of taklon nylon makeup brushes too) and the stain can't be washed out easily and some not at all. It's why I prefer makeup brushes that have black hair as those just look nicer in the long run.

Respected Contributor

@Allthingsgirly wrote:

@TexasMom1 wrote:

I believe I read that you had to buy a foundation to get the deal on the brush.

No. Tmrw the mineral foundation brush is half price. There is a deal to receive a free brush with purchase of a foundation, however. HTH!