Honored Contributor

Re: IT Confidence in a Compact

IT Confidence in a Compact was my favorite, too! I was so bummed when it was discontinued.  I'm on my last compact, but have no clue if there is another brand that is similar.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Honored Contributor

@SurferWife wrote:

IT Confidence in a Compact was my favorite, too! I was so bummed when it was discontinued.  I'm on my last compact, but have no clue if there is another brand that is similar.

@SurferWife   I think MAC may still have a powder foundation in a compact. 

Trusted Contributor

@Shanus , Confidence in a Compact was a cream/balm type of foundation.  I too used it and liked it until my tastes ran toward more light coverage.  It was great for travel.  You can still find some "new" compacts (by now at least a year old) on ebay, but the current going prices are in the $70-$80 range!  No thanks! I can get a Dior cushion for that!  

Kevin Aucoin makes a similar type foundation, but I'm not sure the price.  

Honored Contributor

I've been searching & it looks like there are 2 others that may be a good match.

MAC Studio Tech is a creamy foundation in a compact

Cover Fix Cream Foundation is in a compact

I have never heard of Cover Fix, but it looks promising.  I know & trust MAC so I may stop by the MAC store next time I'm in town.  I have no idea if I can even test it or touch it for that matter.  I may have to buy it without testing it, which is a bummer.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Respected Contributor

@SurferWife wrote:

I've been searching & it looks like there are 2 others that may be a good match.

MAC Studio Tech is a creamy foundation in a compact

Cover Fix Cream Foundation is in a compact

I have never heard of Cover Fix, but it looks promising.  I know & trust MAC so I may stop by the MAC store next time I'm in town.  I have no idea if I can even test it or touch it for that matter.  I may have to buy it without testing it, which is a bummer.

@SurferWife 

I just saw a new Laura Geller cream compact & brush listed under the new product lisitings...(A397056) is the item # I believe...Not sure if it's what your looking for, but I like alot of her products...Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

i have at least two different compacts from IT that could be refilled. now, i cannot find refills anywhere other than  a few on ebay or amazon where they are charging an arm and a leg.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

Confidence in a Compact was also my favorite and I've purchased replacements from eBay.  Brand new, in my color (Light) and although I've not paid more than $60  I've bought two from eBay successfully since Q stopped carrying it.  Frustrating as heck when these products are discontinued.  I've tried IT's powder compacts and they highlight every nook and cranny on my face.  No thanks! I don't want to pay too much for it either, but I'll keep trying to get it until I find something better.  Frankly tho, I'm not as inamored with IT as I used to be.... small portions and higher prices make me wince.

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Respected Contributor

@SurferWife wrote:

@SurferWife   I alternate between the IT Confidence in a Compact and Merle Normal Expert Finish Compact.  The Merle Norman has a SPF 25.  It has always been my favorite until I found IT.

It's a cream to powder in a compact, easy and quick to apply and it isn't drying.  

I guess I'll be going to Merle Norman because I really don't care for the powder foundation. 

Honored Contributor

@Georgiagrama 

I was just on the MAC website & they have a new cream to powder foudation.  It looks like I might like it, but I want to go to the MAC store & try it on.  Hopefully I can.

Respected Contributor

@kitcat51 wrote:

Just a heads up...the Bye Bye Redness Powder has been discontinued too & only the Porcelain is available on the IT website. I really like it, just a little & my redness is covered...my color is sold out everywhere.

@kitcat51   Well dang!  What's going on with IT? My daughter is a true redhead with a ruddy complexion.  She really like the Bye Bye Redness Powder. She will be disappointed.