Esteemed Contributor

Re: IT Celebration Foundation

I am not into powder foundations anymore. I didn't find that the IT Celebration foundation powder was anything special. I only use it for touchups and I prefer to use the original IT Cosmetics CC cream SPF 50 (not the illuminating version) as my foundation.

Trusted Contributor

I never tried the celebration foundation.

I love the cc illumination.  Sounds like I'm the only one that hasn't returned it.

My skin is sahara dry, but looks nice and glowey with the illumination cc.

And for some reason, clears up my blemishes that I still get............

Super Contributor

@roxxy1 wrote:

I love the cc illumination.  Sounds like I'm the only one that hasn't returned it.

@roxxy1 I feel the same way! I'm loving and keeping mine! My dull, dry skin looks radiant and hydrated with the cc illumination. I also feel it's helped me with break outs. 

Trusted Contributor

@beanie wrote:

I am 63 and have mature dry skin.  I love the way my skin looks immediately after cleansing and again after moisturising.  Having a little difficulty finding a full coverage foundation....I did ok with Bobbi Brown for awhile and also MK.  Recently while watching the Q I listened to how this IT foundationn would be absolutely perfect for my skin!  Well I got it yesterday and IT DOES NOT!  It looks like powder on my skin.  Please tell me your thoughts on this (maybe you apply it without a brush??) before I return it .  THX  beanie

I have the original IT foundation powder.  For me it did not cover well nor looked good.  I am perplexed about how it covered so much on the models face during the presentation yet could not cover a little redness or spot on my face.  I should have sent it back but kept trying to make it work.  I will not order anything else from this line or watch the presentations.  I know it may be silly but it seems that the performance and benefits of this product was streched a great deal.  I guess that is why they use the same model for the demo all the time. 

Super Contributor

I like the origial CC cream in tube.  It's great coverage without looking cakey or too shiney.  For me the illumiatiion products make me look like a disco ball and i have normal to dry skin.  Also the powder can look like powder.  So to me the original looks like skin only better, its not matte 

Trusted Contributor

@homedecorator wrote:

@roxxy1 wrote:

@roxxy1 I feel the same way! I'm loving and keeping mine! My dull, dry skin looks radiant and hydrated with the cc illumination. I also feel it's helped me with break outs. 

@homedecorator  Hi.  I think the two of us are the only one's that like it !   Heart

Super Contributor

Hello I assume you are talking aout the IT Celebration Foundation.   Well just stop using it and try the original CC cream. It is amazing great coverage and no powder look with SPF 50. It is amazing and many love it

Valued Contributor

@beanie wrote:

I am 63 and have mature dry skin.  I love the way my skin looks immediately after cleansing and again after moisturising.  Having a little difficulty finding a full coverage foundation....I did ok with Bobbi Brown for awhile and also MK.  Recently while watching the Q I listened to how this IT foundationn would be absolutely perfect for my skin!  Well I got it yesterday and IT DOES NOT!  It looks like powder on my skin.  Please tell me your thoughts on this (maybe you apply it without a brush??) before I return it .  THX  beanie

@beanie

I am 53 and I also found that the Celebration foundation looked cakey on my skin, like a mask no matter how much (or little) I used. I have used the CC cream and it is ok but I wasn't overly thrilled with it. I recently used the Philosophy Hope in a Jar foundation, and I like it less than the IT CC cream, so I'm back to square one and not thrilled with square one. Wish I could find a foundation I loved.

Super Contributor

@roxxy1 wrote:

@homedecorator wrote:

@roxxy1 wrote:

@homedecorator  Hi.  I think the two of us are the only one's that like it !   Heart

@roxxy1 Ha! You're so right! That's okay it works for us Smiley Wink

Trusted Contributor

I also love the Celebration Illumination.  It basically just blends into and becomes a part of my skin without settling in anywhere.  Also, the Medium is one of the very few foundations on QVC that is not yellow or orange on me.  I formerly used BE in their Medium.  Color was great but it was starting to look powdery on my skin.

Am off to buy my third Celebration Illumination compact!