Super Contributor

I am 63 and have mature dry skin.  I love the way my skin looks immediately after cleansing and again after moisturising.  Having a little difficulty finding a full coverage foundation....I did ok with Bobbi Brown for awhile and also MK.  Recently while watching the Q I listened to how this IT foundationn would be absolutely perfect for my skin!  Well I got it yesterday and IT DOES NOT!  It looks like powder on my skin.  Please tell me your thoughts on this (maybe you apply it without a brush??) before I return it .  THX  beanie

Honored Contributor

Re: IT Celebration Foundation

@beanie...I am 62 this year.....my skin is dry but I use Dr. Denese serum right after cleansing my face, I think a serum makes a huge difference in keeping my face moist.  I also use IT foundation...I apply with my fingers and then use a large brush (I think it is an IT brush that is flat on the bottom yet nice and full) and use it to blend the foundation.

Before giving up I would purchase a serum to see it that helps.

I do use Lancome foundation on occasion but most of the time I reach for IT...I like the sunscreen that is in the product.

Honored Contributor

@beanie  Did you by chance get the recent TSV with the It Foundation Illumination?  If so, a lot of us have found it to be awful and not at all like the original. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

@Mom2Dogs Interesting.  I found that if I use my serum first, the foundation doesn't go on as well, so I stopped using the serum, except at night.

Also, as far as the IT foundations, the one I like most is the REGULAR Celebration Foundation in the compact.  I tried ALL of the IT foundations (anti-aging, illumination, liquid, etc.) and I found that this one goes on the best.  I get the fair because I'm fair with blonde hair.  (Even the light was too dark for me.)

ETERNITY: your choice... smoking or non smoking!
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

If you are referring to the original celebration foundation, think it is super powdery looking, regardless of how little you use. At the time I tried it, I had just a little bit of redness near my nose and it could not even cover that very mild redness so I have no idea how she is able to cover her severe redness without piling it on..and then I can only imagine that it must look super powdery and awful in person. I tried it a million different ways and still got the same results- a powdery look that did not make my skin look better. I think it is an awful foundation. 

Honored Contributor

@spent2much, That is interesting, do you let the serum soak in before adding any moisture product or eye cream?

If I used a powder I know my skin would look very dry, I only use the foundation in the tube, I use the light color.

I also use Garnier Skin Renew 5 Second Blur Instant Smoother  as a last step before putting on the foundation, it helps the foundation glide on....I usually pay about $12.00, but I have seen it as high as $17.00.  It does not take a lot to cover your entire face.  You might invest in the Granier product before buying a new foundation.

Super Contributor

no....I didn't get the Illumination..thankfully!

Honored Contributor

@beanie My skin is pretty normal these days, not too dry, not too oily.  Even so, I cannot use the IT Celebration Foundation.  I tried it and thought it was OK at first, but then I got a close up look and it was very powdery on me. If you have any dry spots or peach fuzz, it's even worse.  For a powdered compact, I've had much better results from the Laura Geller Baked Elements foundation.  You can use it with a light touch for a swish of coverage or build for fuller coverage.

Respected Contributor

@Mom2Dogs wrote:

@spent2much, That is interesting, do you let the serum soak in before adding any moisture product or eye cream?

If I used a powder I know my skin would look very dry, I only use the foundation in the tube, I use the light color.

I also use Garnier Skin Renew 5 Second Blur Instant Smoother  as a last step before putting on the foundation, it helps the foundation glide on....I usually pay about $12.00, but I have seen it as high as $17.00.  It does not take a lot to cover your entire face.  You might invest in the Granier product before buying a new foundation.

@Mom2Dogs Yes, I do try to wait til the serum sinks in.  I will look up Garnier's Smoother.  Thanks for the tip!  Smiley Wink

ETERNITY: your choice... smoking or non smoking!
Honored Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

@beanie My skin is pretty normal these days, not too dry, not too oily.  Even so, I cannot use the IT Celebration Foundation.  I tried it and thought it was OK at first, but then I got a close up look and it was very powdery on me. If you have any dry spots or peach fuzz, it's even worse.  For a powdered compact, I've had much better results from the Laura Geller Baked Elements foundation.  You can use it with a light touch for a swish of coverage or build for fuller coverage.

I completely agree with @JeanLouiseFinch- the LG baked elements is the best powder foundation I've ever used. I didn't like her balance and brighten at all but the baked elements is amazing and has never looked powder on and doesn't even settle into my little wrinkles on the outside corner of my eyes that appear when I smile.