Honored Contributor

IT COSMETICS: PLASTIC SURGEONS INVOLVED?

I Googled Jaime & husband after seeing baby news. It seems in order to solve her rosea problem, they invested their savings to come up w/ a formula and gave it the name Innovative Technology.....IT.

No plastic surgeon input mentioned.

Honored Contributor

Re: IT COSMETICS: PLASTIC SURGEONS INVOLVED?

@ShanusMaybe the plastic surgeons were among the team they invested their money with -  chemists maybe for knowing how various products work and a plastic surgeon because they know so well how our skin reacts.

I don't think many of the spokespersons for cosmetic or fashion or jewelry or even cooking gadgets do the actual development of the products.  Some who are directly involved with their money do accept, reject, or make suggestions but I really don't expect Jaime actually did the backroom development.

Same with the fashion designers in reverse -  they might sketch ideas but someone else does the graphic work that eventually goes to a manufacturer after someone gives approval.

Honored Contributor

@millieshops wrote:

@ShanusMaybe the plastic surgeons were among the team they invested their money with -  chemists maybe for knowing how various products work and a plastic surgeon because they know so well how our skin reacts.

I don't think many of the spokespersons for cosmetic or fashion or jewelry or even cooking gadgets do the actual development of the products.  Some who are directly involved with their money do accept, reject, or make suggestions but I really don't expect Jaime actually did the backroom development.

Same with the fashion designers in reverse -  they might sketch ideas but someone else does the graphic work that eventually goes to a manufacturer after someone gives approval.

@millieshops  Since she bases her line on working w/ plastic surgeons, just was surprised that she and dh were taking all the credit. Quite misleading. Article mentioned both of them are Columbia graduates, where they met, leading you to believe they’re intelligent enough to come up with this on their own.

Honored Contributor

@ShanusNah!  Unless they're biologists and chemists, I don't think they did the developing.  But the disparity between the onair talk and that article reminds me that fantasy is the real base of beauty sales.  It seems we just never really know the full reality.

As usual, I have a story.  Some years back a chemist I know who works for a large international company had to travel from NY to FL to meet with a rapper who wanted a perfume.  His role was to sniff and let them use his name.  The chemist was the behind the scenes developer.

BTW -  I don't think that perfume ever came to market with any great success but I don't know why.

Honored Contributor

@Shanus,  I think what you found was an anomaly.   When I did a quick search for "Jamie Kern Lima plastic surgeons" there are numerous articles in prominent publications crediting the assistance of plastic surgeons.   Here's just one from 2016, others are more recent and I'm sure there are older ones, too:

"...The dazzling success story of Jamie Kern Lima and IT Cosmetics began with her face, specifically her cheeks, whose blazing-pink rosacea sent her on a quest for makeup that would simultaneously cover and soothe the condition.

She and her husband, Paulo Lima, consulted with plastic surgeons in Brazil, his native country, on formulas for makeup pumped with skin-care ingredients.

In September, eight years after creating IT — which stands for Innovative Technology — they sold the company to L’Oréal for a stunning $1.2 billion...." 

(thecut.com/2016/12/it-cosmetics-loreal-jamie-kern-lima.html)

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

@dooBdoo wrote:

@Shanus,  I think what you found was an anomaly.   When I did a quick search for "Jamie Kern Lima plastic surgeons" there are numerous articles in prominent publications crediting the assistance of plastic surgeons.   Here's just one from 2016, others are more recent and I'm sure there are older ones, too:

"...The dazzling success story of Jamie Kern Lima and IT Cosmetics began with her face, specifically her cheeks, whose blazing-pink rosacea sent her on a quest for makeup that would simultaneously cover and soothe the condition.

She and her husband, Paulo Lima, consulted with plastic surgeons in Brazil, his native country, on formulas for makeup pumped with skin-care ingredients.

In September, eight years after creating IT — which stands for Innovative Technology — they sold the company to L’Oréal for a stunning $1.2 billion...." 

@dooBdoo  No one ever said that Google was the Einstein of computer land. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Shanus wrote:

So true, @Shanus!   Search engines can be quirky!   I hope you have a lovely day and a nice weekend!😊

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I always got the impression that the IT cosmetics line was used by patients who needed makeup after cosmetic surgery or procedures and it was marketed through the cosmetic surgery industry, not entirely developed by it.

Honored Contributor

@millieshops wrote:

My impression of celebrity fashion designers was more that someone else came up with the ideas and the celebrity would give the yea or nea.  

Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@dooBdoo wrote:

@Shanus, google is what you make of it. You can get excellent information if you are discerning.

Knowing @dooBdoo from her postings, I trust her to come up with credible facts.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland