Contributor

Re: IT CC+ eye cream has glitter!?

I got mine in "light" today, as well. Normally I'm pretty easy going about things, but for the first time I feel duped. Comparing ingredients between the CC cream and the CC eye concealer, ingredients are the same except for mica. They even smell identical. Difference obviously is the delivery system with the cold metal applicator and the addition of the fine mica (which is noticeable up close). Now the powders, seriously, the ingredients are identical and even in the same order. I swatched both the Celebration Illumination in Light, which I already had, and the new CC+ powder that came in this kit, and they look and feel identical, same density, coverage, and same texture on my hand.

I normally don't return kits as they are always a great deal, but I already have the super size tube of the CC cream (which I love), and don't need mica under my eyes with the CC+ concealer. I was hoping for a lightweight "veil" powder as I am 50 and wanted something that wouldn't accentuate my fine lines. If I had wanted to use my Celebration foundation illumination for this purpose, I would have already done that, but I find it too heavy for my liking over the CC cream. The lipstick is ok, MLBB and balmy, and I have an angled kabuki brush already from a different vendor.

This kit was too much money to be called "5 all new products" when all that is really "new" is the lipstick and the brush. JMHO here ... no hysteria, just facts.

EDITED TO SAY: What is funny is that I was so looking forward to getting this IT TSV (I get all of them), and I did order the Tarte TSV for February and received that yesterday. I was expecting to NOT like the Tarte TSV and love the IT TSV and probably return the Tarte one. Funny, how it worked out that I ADORE the Tarte TSV and am totally unimpressed and actually really disappointed in the IT TSV ...

ALSO EDITED TO SAY: The CC+ cream compact does appear to be refillable. The insert containing the CC cream does pop out.

Honored Contributor

On 1/22/2015 lianne said:

The powder is not the same as celebration foundation. Its not even close, the foundation is much denser and has more coverage than the powder in the kit.

If you dont like it, send it back, but cut the hysteria here. Its not the same products except for the cc cream in the compact vs. the tube.

Oh really? Hmm, they swatch the same color, they have identical texture, coverage, smell and finish as well as identical ingredient decks. What, therefore, makes them SO different, as you say, other than the packaging? Even the IT Cosmetic rep couldn't see or explain the difference (funny as h*ll if you think about it).

And yes, the eye product is the same; simply use the CC+ Foundation there. No need to buy the eye product as it's the foundation but in a tube with a silver ball.

Too funny.

Honored Contributor

On 1/22/2015 mdscriber3 said:

I got mine in "light" today, as well. Normally I'm pretty easy going about things, but for the first time I feel duped. Comparing ingredients between the CC cream and the CC eye concealer, ingredients are the same except for mica. They even smell identical. Difference obviously is the delivery system with the cold metal applicator and the addition of the fine mica (which is noticeable up close). Now the powders, seriously, the ingredients are identical and even in the same order. I swatched both the Celebration Illumination in Light, which I already had, and the new CC+ powder that came in this kit, and they look and feel identical, same density, coverage, and same texture on my hand.

I normally don't return kits as they are always a great deal, but I already have the super size tube of the CC cream (which I love), and don't need mica under my eyes with the CC+ concealer. I was hoping for a lightweight "veil" powder as I am 50 and wanted something that wouldn't accentuate my fine lines. If I had wanted to use my Celebration foundation illumination for this purpose, I would have already done that, but I find it too heavy for my liking over the CC cream. The lipstick is ok, MLBB and balmy, and I have an angled kabuki brush already from a different vendor.

This kit was too much money to be called "5 all new products" when all that is really "new" is the lipstick and the brush. JMHO here ... no hysteria, just facts.

EDITED TO SAY: What is funny is that I was so looking forward to getting this IT TSV (I get all of them), and I did order the Tarte TSV for February and received that yesterday. I was expecting to NOT like the Tarte TSV and love the IT TSV and probably return the Tarte one. Funny, how it worked out that I ADORE the Tarte TSV and am totally unimpressed and actually really disappointed in the IT TSV ...

ALSO EDITED TO SAY: The CC+ cream compact does appear to be refillable. The insert containing the CC cream does pop out.

odd because their customer service person on the IT blog said it wasn't?

IT Cosmeti­cs Team01/19/2015 at 9:31 AM78 PostsRegistered 1/5/2015User Image

On 1/19/2015 CSK in AZ said: Is the CC cream compact refillable?

Hi! Thank you for your question!! This new compact is not refillable!! XOXO

Honored Contributor

HappyDaze: I noticed that too. But perhaps they mean "not at this time". The CC+ Veil also pops out and I wouldn't be surprised if, down the road, they offer refill inserts. If you ask CS about that on the IT site, they'll reply that "No, the CC+ Veil is not refillable".

Ok so why do the inserts pop out? Maybe for when they do offer refills.

Contributor

Yeah, that's my guess, too. That they just don't make the refills at this time. Because it sure does pop out, it's just worthless at this time lol Smiley Wink

Respected Contributor

I thought the entire kit looked great on my 65 year old skin. Did not detect any glitter whatsoever.

Respected Contributor

I just made myself up with the kit. After a bit of to-do with the compact (it took about 100 presses to get the cream dispensed the first time, I'm not kidding or exaggerating.) Love the under eye cream (yes, there is mild shimmer, not glitter.) The powder is very silky. If you want a smooth, even skin tone, this does it. Only--medium is pretty light for a medium. It works on me, but I'm a light-to-medium tone normally and it's even a bit light on me. The compact for the CC has some pluses and minuses. Plus for the ability to apply on a brush, minus for how MUCH absorbs in the brush, you can't see how much is left and well, it's pretty wasteful packaging. And takes up room in your makeup bag.

Respected Contributor

I couldn't send mine back fast enough, the under eye cream made my eyes look like I was glowing in the dark, flashlights under my eyes....disturbing!

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield
Occasional Contributor

I've tried to give this set a chance, even with the shimmery/glittery eye cream and I'm sad to say I've decided to send it back too. I wanted to love it and I've been so let down by this kit. I love IT cosmetics but this kit just screams gimmick. I LOVE the cc cream and would recommend that to anyone but I don't need this bulky compact. The powder and the lipstick are nice but also pretty ordinary and the eye cream is just terrible. I put a lot of effort into preventing my shimmery eyeshadows from getting under my eyes or on the rest of my face and this eye cream makes me look like I have put shimmery eyeshadow all over my under eyes. I would have loved this stuff when I was in grade school! We loved glitter and would use those glitter roll ons and put it on our cheeks like blush. We thought it was so cool! Lol But anyway, thats what I feel like this is. I thought I was getting something really great but nope!
Respected Contributor

Oh my! This TSV may have sold out but it seems as if so many women don't like this TSV and are sending them back.