Regular Contributor

Some title! I need some feedback. I bought the Light shade at Ulta and found it to be too dark. So I went back and bought the Fair and found it to be too light of a color on my skin; however, it worked real good as a concealer. So now I've been mixing both colors. I like the finish - it does come off too dewy at times - but I powder it to soften the look. Anyhoo, anyone else out there mixing colors? What are the chances we'll get an in between color?

Trusted Contributor
I have to mix a little light w/ the fair to get the best match. My ratio is approx 2/3 fair + 1/3 light.
@(-_-)@ ~lyn~
Birman =^..^= Servant
Member since 04.2007

Regular Contributor
On 4/19/2014 lyn in MI said: I have to mix a little light w/ the fair to get the best match. My ratio is approx 2/3 fair + 1/3 light.

lyn ~ Is this product a ""keeper"" for you? Does it seem too much bother? TIA

Super Contributor

I mix It CC with Stila All in One Makeup. The Stila has a built in primer but is dark for me and the fair CC is just a tad too light. This way my primer is also built in.

Super Contributor

Yes, the colors are terrible for me. I own the fair, light and medium. I am very fair, but because the light is so yellow, I mix the fair and medium together. I should have sent back the light, but I didn't get around to it. But, I'm finding the fair and medium to be my perfect mix.

PS - I apply it with a beauty blender sponge. The brush applied too much product for me.

Respected Contributor

Gotpaw, same problem for me. I asked on Facebook about a shade between fair and light. Got a pretty general polite answer that they are always working on new products and shades. Hopefully, a fairly-light is in the works, but they aren't telling!

I got the normal size tube of fair last yr. and the gigunda this yr. in light and I have been playing too.

Regular Contributor
I've gotta come up with a way so that I don't apply too much. I'm also deciding between the BE Bare skin and the IT CC. So far, I think I much prefer IT CC.
Respected Contributor

I told myself I will wait til the stores have the Bare Skin, hopefully even try it first. Then try to resist, that's the hard part!

The way I use just a little IT CC is to put one small pump on the back of my hand, dot on the forehead, nose, chin and cheeks and blend out with fingers. I use moisturizer first. It's about enough if you don't want it to get to the perimeter of the face. That works for me because it's a little too dark and looks better if I don't apply where it contrasts with my neck and jaw.

Regular Contributor
On 4/20/2014 Desi said:

I told myself I will wait til the stores have the Bare Skin, hopefully even try it first. Then try to resist, that's the hard part!

The way I use just a little IT CC is to put one small pump on the back of my hand, dot on the forehead, nose, chin and cheeks and blend out with fingers. I use moisturizer first. It's about enough if you don't want it to get to the perimeter of the face. That works for me because it's a little too dark and looks better if I don't apply where it contrasts with my neck and jaw.

Good idea. I'll give that a try. Boy, I'm not certain about the BareSkin. Good color match but I think it might be breaking me out, which is weird because I can't figure out what ingredient could be doing that.

Respected Contributor

Gotpaw, the IT CC isn't breaking me out which is a very big plus for me! I think it may possibly be improving my skin, and almost nothing ever does that. I read the ingredients in Bare Skin. I think for me the "rare earth" or whatever they put in their acne treatment product is also in Bare Skin, and I think that may break me out. I even had problems with bisque and found a different powder that had fewer ingredients (L'Oreal, nothing fancy).