Frequent Contributor
I finally find a foundation I love! Yes it doesn't last long but I find it suits my needs and with the auto delivery I always have the spare compact on hand. I was in ULTA yesterday (September 29) and found out they no longer carry it because it's being discontinued. I asked if they meant just from their stores and was told by IT. Sephora also does not carry. So far the Q still sells it and it's on IT website.

Anyone else out there hear this?

Thanks!
Esteemed Contributor

Re: IT CC Veil Discontinued?

GOODBYEGIRL wrote:
I finally find a foundation I love! Yes it doesn't last long but I find it suits my needs and with the auto delivery I always have the spare compact on hand. I was in ULTA yesterday (September 29) and found out they no longer carry it because it's being discontinued. I asked if they meant just from their stores and was told by IT. Sephora also does not carry. So far the Q still sells it and it's on IT website.

Anyone else out there hear this?

Thanks!

@GOODBYEGIRL

Is the CC foundation the 'same' as to what you had referred as the veil?

Valued Contributor

@NAES1 The OP is referring to a liquid foundation in a compact.  It has a sponge that holds the foundation.

Honored Contributor

I love it too, not too heavy for me.  But I found that I can put the regular IT liquid make up into the bottom of the compact (about 3 or 4 pumps) and when I use the brush to dab some on it pressing the brush down onto the sponges) it actually performed the same for me.... maybe it was the double sponge configuration that helped "cut it"..... but I now use it that way all the time, wash the sponges when needed and will try and buy a new compact before I can't find them anymore. 

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Esteemed Contributor

@hellokitty wrote:

@NAES1 The OP is referring to a liquid foundation in a compact.  It has a sponge that holds the foundation.

@hellokitty

Thank you for explaining 'THE' difference, however,  I am finding many foundations, also, that holds the foundation in a compact - for either using a sponge or a brush..made for the transfer of product in applying.

I DO rememberthe [IT] brand having displayed a month ago on iQ's channel. 

OUT WITH THE OLD -IN WITH THE NEWEST, or did not sell as thought.

A lot of copies of this-still. Try Ulta's or Sephora for some suggestions- they should be there.

The most frequent one was a last week (store/Ulta's) by Lancome. 

Tarte did have the same copy. May be that is still available. I have used one of the same, just not in > "IT" foundation.

@For @GOODBYEGIRL ...many of the beauty books advertisements have these same types, but I clearly understand you want yours in a CC creme by IT.

hellokitty, I assume the sponge has to be dipped into the sponge - NOT already infused with foundation. (??) ! 

Rather knowledgeable ` in most of what is out there. I just do not use that much foundations of different brands, though. I often find several favorites,then quickly are discontinued.  HTH. 

Valued Contributor

I don't use the IT brand of this foundation, only because I have too many other to use up.  I do believe you can use it with a beauty blender or tap a brush on the cushion to get the product.  I wanted to try this when it first came out but was put off by reviews stating there wasn't enough make up in the compact to last very long.

Respected Contributor

@GOODBYEGIRL:

Yikes, I love it. "Veil" means and performs as a lighter coverage than the CC+ cream (which I use for work).

The problem is, I don't like "stocking up" on moisturizers, foundations, facial creams, as they deteriorate over time. 

This probably means, too, that whatever the Q has in stock is not "fresh??"

Respected Contributor

@GOODBYEGIRL:

Just looked veil up on the IT page and on the Q.

Then I saw the Confidence in a Cream compact on the Q and read the reviews. Seems like this is the replacement, plus more serum, 50 sun protection. Some reviewers said it was a lighter coverage than the CC cream, which would be just like veil.

I've ordered Confidence in a Cream (I'm Fair) to try out! Maybe, after all, it's better!!

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@GOODBYEGIRL  It's still here at QVC, A257368.

IT CC Veil

Esteemed Contributor

I purchased the refill packets on eBay. I picked up a listing with multiples which was very reasonably priced too.