Occasional Contributor

IT CC+ Perfecting Powder SPF vs. Celebration Foundation SPF

Hello everyone!

So, I had ordered the IT collection that included the Celebration Foundation with SPF 50 and I fell in love with it.  I'm scared to try the regular Celebraiton Foundation in fear that the formulas are a bit different (which I read about on here) and I just love that it has SPF.  

I also read on here that the Your Skin But Better CC+ Airbrush Perfecting Powder SPF 50 (try saying that three times fast) has the exact same ingredients as the Celebration with SPF (which I compared myself, and yes, exactly the same).  

My question is if anyone has actually tried both and compared them to see if they work the same way and feel the same?  

I'm sad that IT doesn't sell just the Celebration with SPF and I'm confused as to why they don't.  The kit that includes the SPF isn't even available anymore and I'm almost out, so I'm hoping the CC+ powder is a good substitute.

Thank you for your input IT girls!!

P.S. I know there are some forums that touch on this, but I haven't read anything about anyone actually having tried both products and what they found...

Respected Contributor

Re: IT CC+ Perfecting Powder SPF vs. Celebration Foundation SPF

Noticed on t.v. the other day IT is coming out soon with a new foundation to replace??  Celebration Foundation.  It is being offered in a t.v. special right now on some of the night channels as Paid Programming.  I imagine it will be coming to QVC soon, so I'd wait to see that before you make any decisions. It's been in a post before so I think this is safe to say.

Occasional Contributor

Interesting!  Thanks!

@Perkup wrote:

Noticed on t.v. the other day IT is coming out soon with a new foundation to replace??  Celebration Foundation.  It is being offered in a t.v. special right now on some of the night channels as Paid Programming.  I imagine it will be coming to QVC soon, so I'd wait to see that before you make any decisions. It's been in a post before so I think this is safe to say.

Trusted Contributor

@Perkup wrote:

I think they are just limiting some products to their deal with Guthy-Renker. Those have been out for several months though since they partnered with GR for the infomercials. 

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Just looked up the Guthy Renker deal...it actually looks pretty cool, but I don't trust GR at all and am kind of sad that IT is teaming up with them.  It makes the IT products that GR is selling even seem scammy.  

Trusted Contributor

I have only used the regular celebration foundation, but do know the SPF 50 and the Perfecting Powder have exactly the same ingredient list. My guess would be it has to do with exclusivity contracts with QVC and maybe Ulta. It's the same thing, only different name an packaging so the comapanies can say they have an exclusive.

Occasional Contributor

@Dorothy11 Good point, thanks!

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

I've used them all and to me, they are all different.  The newest one you love is the best formulation.  Did you not order the TSV on auto delivery?  That seems to be the only way to get the new version at this time.  You can also check around online, I'm sure someone has it on ebay or elsewhere.  Celebration Foundation SPF 50

The Your Skin But Better CC+ Airbrush Perfecting Powder SPF 50 is too powdery.  Lots of flyaway powder if that makes sense.  I also didn't think it melted into my skin as well as the new one.  It also got chalky after a while.  

The original was always too dark for me.  I wear light in all versions.  It always had a muddier look after a while for me and like the prior, just never melted into my skin.  And yes, I tried various brushes, buffing, etc.  If I use it with a super fluffy brush for a light touch up it works great, but NOT as my primary foundation.

All this said, I would hold out for the new Celebration Foundation SPF 50 if you like it.  If you have an Ulta near you, they carry the last two I mentioned.  Oh, and don't waste your time with the Celebration Illumination Powder unless you want to look like an alien.  

I also HIGHLY recommend using a mix of the CC+ Cream and the CC+ Cream Illumination as liquid foundation topped with the Your Skin But Better CC+ Airbrush Perfecting Powder SPF 50.  I put the Bye Bye Pores compact on after my cream sets first, then the CF SPF 50.  Wears wonderfully!

Occasional Contributor

Hello! I primarily use IT cosmetics and have both products mentioned so will offer my experience with both. First, I too love the Celebration Foundation SPF 50 and emailed the company ( a few months back) to inquire where to get. They responded that it will be offered for sale in the next year. So I am hoping at the beginning of 2016.

Second, IT CC + Perfecting Powder is a much different product than the Foundation in my opinion. I use the Perfecting  Powder as my last step in my foundation application and also carry it for touchups if needed. This product is amazing ( as the IT foundation). The consistency is finer to me and it really does make my foundation look flawless. I am 54 yo and get compliments all the time on my makeup. Professionals in the business always comment on how flawless my skin looks. Believe me, it is my IT cosmetics.

With all that said, you cannot just cake it all on and expect good results. There are easy techniques to use it make flawless. Sorry to ramble, hope that might answer your question.

Occasional Contributor

Thank you @jeepgirl and @susandee for your great input (sorry, just saw that you responded)!  I hope the SPF comes out soon!

Best.