Super Contributor

IT CC+ Cream and Pores

[ Edited ]

I'm new to using the CC+ cream and am having an issue with the appearance of tiny dots only between my eyes and on my forehead.  It doesn't seem to matter if I use a little or a lot.

I use the brush they recommended for the cream and also I tried just using my fingers.  Either way, I get the dots on my skin...I assume it's the cream settling in my pores there but I'm mystified why it doesn't do it anywhere else!

I've tried using it over my moisturizer and also without first moisturizing and no difference.  Just after exfoliating and it's the same situation.

Any idea what is going on?

Honored Contributor

It sounds like you have gunk in your pores.  Try a good cleansing balm or cleansing oil to get that out. 

Super Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch 

LoL  I like how you said "gunk".

Maybe the exfoliating scrub I use doesn't get the pores clean enough for the CC cream and I never noticed it with my powder foundations.

Do you have a recommendation?

Honored Contributor

Building on what @JeanLouiseFinch said, your makeup is going to look it's best if it's applied to a well cared for complexion.   Apparently, between your eyes and your forehead need the most care/exfoliation.  Have you tried using a primer right before your foundation?  If it's a pore issue, there are pore filling primers.  I use a primer that just makes for a silky canvas for my foundation.  It's by Hourglass.  I don't have pore issues but you can search for primers made for that problem.

Honored Contributor

@timeless wrote:

@JeanLouiseFinch 

Maybe the exfoliating scrub I use doesn't get the pores clean enough for the CC cream and I never noticed it with my powder foundations.

@timeless - I agree with @JeanLouiseFinch re the cleansing balm or cleansing oil.  I would start with that.  A cleansing oil or balm will "melt" for lack of a better word, the CC cream and then follow with a cleanser.  Getting the face clean first is important. 

Honored Contributor

@timeless wrote:

@JeanLouiseFinch 

My favorite cleansing oil is Palmers Skin Therapy Cleansing Oil and my favorite cleansing balm is Banilla Co. Clean It Zero,  I get the pink one, but there are other that you can check out. 

Honored Contributor

A derm I follow on YT says to use a cleansing OIL if you have oily skin.  A BALM for dry skin.  I use a balm for my super dry complexion and like the product.  

Honored Contributor

Re: IT CC+ Cream and Pores

[ Edited ]

Try using a 2% BHA exfoliant. BHA (salicylic acid) will help clear out pores better than any other acid and it works fairly quickly.

Honored Contributor

@timeless wrote:

I'm new to using the CC+ cream and am having an issue with the appearance of tiny dots only between my eyes and on my forehead.  It doesn't seem to matter if I use a little or a lot.

I use the brush they recommended for the cream and also I tried just using my fingers.  Either way, I get the dots on my skin...I assume it's the cream settling in my pores there but I'm mystified why it doesn't do it anywhere else!

I've tried using it over my moisturizer and also without first moisturizing and no difference.  Just after exfoliating and it's the same situation.

Any idea what is going on?

@timeless   I agree with @SilleeMee  that the pores you're seeing most likely need to cleared out with exfoliation (not a scrub with grains).

Sometimes a heavier foundation can collect in deeper pores.

Super Contributor

@SilleeMee 

I'm coming back to thank you specifically for the suggestion to use 2% salicylic acid.  I bought some on Amazon (Naturium BHA) and it worked in ONE application!  You were right; it was fast.

Heart