Valued Contributor

Re: IT CC Cream Foundation - The reviews look good, should I try it?

I didn't like it at all. Clinique is still the one best for me.

Super Contributor

On 6/21/2014 hyacinth003 said:

Is the fair yellow based or neutral?

Hyacinth

Neutral. I can't wear yellow but I can wear this.

Respected Contributor

On 6/21/2014 Katluvr58 said:
On 6/21/2014 hyacinth003 said:

Is the fair yellow based or neutral?

Hyacinth

Neutral. I can't wear yellow but I can wear this.

Thanks. I tried the liquid foundation from this line and it was so yellow.

Hyacinth

Super Contributor

On 6/21/2014 wackers said:

I have not personally tried this brand (Dr Jart+) but was looking at a lot of his products the other night and they seem to have a BB or CC cream to fit anyone's needs. They also appear to have a more neutral color palette. I have seen them some on eBay because I believe Dr Jart is in Korea himself but they also have their own website. As you may recall, the whole BB/CC idea originated in Korea.

I saw many on StrawberryNet too which is a discount site and they had a good selection of the BB and CC creams. I am definitely going to pursue this brand some more as they just to offer such a variety.

Krissie mentioned that it was originated in Germany and it was. I thought Korea also. Korea then picked it up from Germany and expanded on it plus brought it to light in the western world. Anyways, I was going to tell you that I tried Dr Jart, It CC and Missha. I did not like Dr Jart. It was dark and heavy to me where It and Missha were not. Missha is more of a favorite of mine because it runs more to the cooler tones and they have one that goes on white and color matches your skin. They are currently running a sale and some products are 50% off till the 26th. The color match is in a white tube with a gold cap, they have a black tube that is also nice but it is a light beige. Also Lioele a Korean brand has a gel foundation that you can layer to your desired coverage. It doubles as a concealer, primer and powder. That is my new HG. Plus it has SPF 30 or 37 I can't remember. I like the one product idea and you are done.

Respected Contributor

On 6/21/2014 wackers said:
On 6/21/2014 Funloving said:

Don't put much weight in my review if you want coverage.

Filter in the fact I prefer wearing no foundation.. just a little concealer once my face gets a bit of color.

I use foundation in summer purely for nite-time outings or special occasions, adding a bit more warmth while providing a closer match to the rest of my skin. I do like my face to be lighter than my body. That 'too tan face look' is abundantly unflattering and dated.. not to mention aging, IMO.

Two very light-weight products which fit the bill for my needs are Sephora's spray foundation (excellent) or bareMinerals BARESKIN (great too- I find the brush inferior and useless)

When using either in a small amount, all these do is add a touch of color without looking like you're wearing foundation.

If you're looking for heavier coverage, many of the CC creams including IT will give you that. And as I mentioned, It's CC has some excellent brightening properties which is a nice bonus.

I could never wear the highly raved Tarte Amazon Clay Foundation during any season. It's simply too heavy and futile to try to sheer it out enough.

Howdy there FL - I could be the author of your post. It is interesting to read here that quite a few of us now share the disdain for anything heavy on our skin. I, once upon a time, did wear and enjoy foundation (well, maybe never "enjoyed") but it has been years since that was true. Now the trick has become finding something with just a touch of coverage, to give me a little color, and a little evening out. Josie's P&P was a great find as it was a great combo of moisturizer, SPF and tint but of course it was discontinued. Why do these companies discontinue products that have a loyal following? And I know that was well liked because she originally introduced that in a TSV and the response was so overwhelming that she had to offer it as a stand alone product. Just gets frustrating.

Don't know if you read my above post on BE's latest SPF Prime Primer. I am so thrilled I took the chance on it. Being a primer, it leaves the smoothest finish on the skin (not matte, not quite dewy, just smooth as glass.) The coverage is minimal but enough for me and I would guess enough for you, based on our similar preferences for minimalism. It gives me that hint of color and evens my skin out just enough. I have only had it a few days but honestly love using it and that is soooo unusual for me, even with Josie's P&P. It is due to the smooth as glass finish and it also helps with pore and fine lines - that the primer part of it.

I have been on such a search and if I hadn't taken the time to read the reviews I never would have tried it. But a few said the magic words "works well enough alone" that I thought, what the heck.

Now you have me intrigued with the Sephora spray foundation. Does it come in a variety of shades? I'll have to force myself to Sephora soon and try it. I like the idea of a spray.

BTW, did you catch Thursday Night Beauty on HSN the other night? They had 2 new instatox-like products and I ordered the first one aired (can't recall the brand as it is a one woman company) I never have really been drawn to this type of product yet this one seemed to really work and the reviews, with the exception of 1, were all great. Also, no white cast - none, zero, nada and the creator said you can easily use products over it and it helps keep skin hydrated for days after. It wasn't expensive either. This type of product generally works well on under eye puffiness so that appeals to me too.

Well, am done rambling and my apologies to the OP for getting OT a bit.Wink Have a great weekend {#emotions_dlg.tt1}

I did catch your post about BE's SPF Prime Primer. Now that you've endorsed it, I want to take a closer look. I noticed it when I purchased the Bareskin on Evil Pay Day. I'll defo check this one out.

To be brief, without disrupting the OP.. Do take a look at Sephora's Spray. Many stores don't carry it, and those that do can't seem to keep it on the shelves. I've always steered as far away from spray foundations. Past experience has been a far cry from ideal. To me they can be mask-like and not the light coverage I gravitate to now. This one is brilliant..feather light, just providing color which doesn't transfer. You may not have much luck in their color ranges.. light, medium, tan and deep as I recall. The good news is even in the darker shades they don't run too warm- more neutral, so perhaps the light would have enough cool-tones for your skin. These already run a bit light. I ordered medium & tan and returned the medium for the last tan they had at my larger Sephora.

Unquestionably my taste in texture & coverage has 'lightened up' as I've aged.

Enjoy the rest of your afternoon, evening and weekend! {#emotions_dlg.wub}Kiss

Respected Contributor

Oh wackers ma' dear- Start a thread on the Instatox deal if you have time. Or I can look it up via web. I never watch these stations, rather hear about them from great beauty finders...like YOU! Smile

I've been under the weather so a big ol nap is on my most immediate agenda. In fact, don't worry about a new thread. I can check it out.

Have you tried?... and if so, I take it you like?

ETA- I see you said you just ordered. I'll hunt it down! LOL

Contributor

This is my new favorite foundation. I have never been a fan of any liquid or cream foundations, I've always been a fan of how the BE loose powder felt like nothing on. I tried the CC cream for the first time when they offered the deluxe size TSV a few months ago and I've been totally hooked since. I use my usual daily moisturizer then the CC cream. I never need a primer with this so I can skip that step, that's a first for me. The coverage is medium to full for me, completely covering the redness in my cheeks and I don't need any touch ups during the day at all. I dislike applying it with the brush it came with though, I find it goes on too heavy and cakey and I prefer to use my ELF Studio flat top powder brush instead. The key is to not apply too much. I use the amount similar in size to my pinky nail which doesn't seem like much, but it covers like a dream and using any more than that is too heavy.

A note about the color...I wear BE in fair (very fair with pink undertones) and the IT fair is just a tad too light for me. I usually (but not always) wear a very light bronzer but I don't see any yellow in the fair at all.

Honored Contributor

On 6/21/2014 DJP said:

I didn't like it at all. Clinique is still the one best for me.

I didn't like it either.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

**Careful... I have caps lock and I am not afraid to use it.**
Contributor

I love this CC! I wear Fair and am awaiting my next delivery, which will be in Light so that I can mix it with the Fair for the summer.
Respected Contributor

Nobody had problems with it accentuating fine lines? Normally most foundations don't do that but at the end of the day is when I noticed. Once I washed it off my face looked world's better.. just my experience so don't throw eggs.

On the current video Jamie said it was heavy, heavy coverage. One heavy wouldn't do.{#emotions_dlg.laugh}

At first I didn't find it all that heavy. Actually, it is however, compared to what I normally use.