Trusted Contributor
I really want to try this. The reviews are good. I'm thinking of the moisturizing benefits as much as make up removal. My skin is so dry and I think I want to try a different cleanser. Don't attack me but I think it's kind of expensive at almost $40 for less than 3 oz. Who loves this?
Respected Contributor

@KCDiva wrote:
I really want to try this. The reviews are good. I'm thinking of the moisturizing benefits as much as make up removal. My skin is so dry and I think I want to try a different cleanser. Don't attack me but I think it's kind of expensive at almost $40 for less than 3 oz. Who loves this?

I hate it.  I can't stand the feeling of slathering it on my face - it's very slimy to me.  Afterwards, my face feels very oily.  I think people with very dry skin would love it.  Not for me, though.

Honored Contributor

I like it, but I can't say it gives me better results than the $10 balms and oil cleansers I use.

Here's a bargain alternative - Boots Botanics Hot Cloth Cleansing Balm. It's a balm with a similar consistency and you get 2.1 ounces for under $10 while the IT Balm is $35 ($38 later) for 2.82 ounces. The Boots has an herbal scent to it. Neither one emulsifies in water, so keep that in mind if you're looking for an oil or balm cleanser that turns milky in water.

Other bargain alternatives are the Burt's Bees, Neutrogena, or Garnier cleansing oils you can get at the drugstore. I haven't tried the Burt's Bees one because it has coconut oil, which breaks me out. The Garnier has the strongest scent and I don't like the pump bottle, which leaks. I really like the Neutrogena best. I know both the Garnier and Neutogena  brands emulsify in water and are easy to rinse away. Clinique also makes a great cleansing oil for much less than the IT Balm. It comes in a  great pump, so if you like the Garnier but hate the leaky pump, you can always buy the Clinique and refill it with another oil when it's used up. Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor
Thank you ladies. I will look into something else. Smiley Happy
Honored Contributor

I love it, and it works really well for me, but as the other posters have said, it is really pricey. Mine didn't really last that long. I even called IT CS to see if I was using too much - I wasn't. But after using it my face (combination skin) feels wonderful! And it DOES get eye makeup off, so I haven't been using my eye makeup remover lately. Smiley Happy

Super Contributor
I have it from a kit and like it but would never spend full price for it, I'm sure there are many more affordable options. I can't use it on my face, it breaks me out, but works amazingly well at removing eye makeup. I only use a pea size amount, rub between my fingers, and lightly rub on my kids and lashes. I use waterproof liner and mascara, the balm takes everything off completely.
Respected Contributor

Dollar Tree cold cream @ 1$...melts away eye make-up in 10 seconds or less. Rinses off completely with warm water.  Use other cleanser for face cause the cold cream is too heavy for my face, but for the eye area - top notch for me.

Trusted Contributor

@ChynnaBlue wrote:

I like it, but I can't say it gives me better results than the $10 balms and oil cleansers I use.

Here's a bargain alternative - Boots Botanics Hot Cloth Cleansing Balm. It's a balm with a similar consistency and you get 2.1 ounces for under $10 while the IT Balm is $35 ($38 later) for 2.82 ounces. The Boots has an herbal scent to it. Neither one emulsifies in water, so keep that in mind if you're looking for an oil or balm cleanser that turns milky in water.

Other bargain alternatives are the Burt's Bees, Neutrogena, or Garnier cleansing oils you can get at the drugstore. I haven't tried the Burt's Bees one because it has coconut oil, which breaks me out. The Garnier has the strongest scent and I don't like the pump bottle, which leaks. I really like the Neutrogena best. I know both the Garnier and Neutogena  brands emulsify in water and are easy to rinse away. Clinique also makes a great cleansing oil for much less than the IT Balm. It comes in a  great pump, so if you like the Garnier but hate the leaky pump, you can always buy the Clinique and refill it with another oil when it's used up. Smiley Happy

Just an FYI, the IT balm does emulsify and turns milky with water, making it very easy to rinse.  I cannot speak to the Boots product however. 

Super Contributor

Yes to coconuts is a great balm. I switched from that to the It one. They only reason I switched was because it is an Ulta exclusive and mine was always out of it.

I do a double cleanse so I have no film but I know what your talking about and it feels gross no matter which balm I use.

Trusted Contributor

@KCDiva I don't use the It balm,but I use DHC oil cleanser. I've used it for many years and it's the best I've ever used. I only need to buy it once a year as it only takes a drop to take off makeup. Also,my skin is very dry. I buy it from dhc's website for $24 for 6.7 oz  

Hope this helps.