Honored Contributor

I've used this pencil for many years and it was always just available in what they called Universal Taupe. Now I'm noticing it comes in shades.

Anyone else use this pencil? Thoughts?

Contributor

They still have it just not shown today.  It's:  A 212333 - IT Cosmetics Brow Power Universay Brow Pencil Due

Honored Contributor

I use the Brow Power Super Skinny in gray.  The pencil I have is older and just by chance found one here a couple months ago.  Not sure its made anymore.  Now they just have Universal Taupe, which no matter the brand, the color never really works for me.

Honored Contributor

Funny, I was just noticing this!

I was organizing 'brows' this past weekend.

Some of the boxes said Univeral, some said Universal Taupe.

I drew on my hand and they look exactly the same.  On my brow, look the same!

I have never ordered this alone, but would have collected them in kits.  They have different boxes also.

I actually now prefer IT Brow PowerFULL.  It has the slanted tip!

Honored Contributor

I have used the It cosmetics brow power and they had different shades. My problem it's this pencil is that is has always been very dry and stiff and it was hard to apply. I don't know if the two times I ordered it, if it was old stock, but I stopped using it and switched to Benefit. 

Respected Contributor
I first tried the universal when I got it in a kit. It’s fine with my red hair. I have the auburn too. I think I like it a little better but the universal is fine. If I need to fill in a little more, I use an Auburn micro pencil.
Honored Contributor

@Shanus 

I over tweezed my eyebrows at the beginning when I was a young teenager.

I use IT Brow Powder. 

Too many lines with a brow pencil.

Honored Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

@Shanus 

I over tweezed my eyebrows at the beginning when I was a young teenager.

I use IT Brow Powder. 

Too many lines with a brow pencil.

@ECBG   I've never used their powder because I like 2 shades. Then I can go lighter at the beginning of the brow and darker starting at the arch and across. 

Honored Contributor

@GenXmuse wrote:

I have used the It cosmetics brow power and they had different shades. My problem it's this pencil is that is has always been very dry and stiff and it was hard to apply. I don't know if the two times I ordered it, if it was old stock, but I stopped using it and switched to Benefit. 

@GenXmuse   I find that many brow pencils can be hard...if not they crumble or smear when applied. I just warm up the tip of the pencil between my fingers before application. 

Respected Contributor

I use Anastasia Brow Wiz retractable Pencil in dark brown most of the time. I also have her brow powder duo & gel. Not often but sometimes I will use all 3.