Esteemed Contributor

Re: ISOMERS anyone? Thursday at midnight starts off their TS....

[ Edited ]

@SahmIam wrote:

@Chi-town girl  When it comes to body care, I'm finding that the label can be VERY misleading and the thickness of the product has nothing to do with hydration when the term "BUTTER" is used.

Some of the thickest "butters" have done NOTHING for my KP on my arms or flaking skin on my legs but have found a lotion has done wonders. Ingredients; bottom line. I'll see what this one has to offer. So far, my most recent body butter purchases have left me quite disappointed over long term use. I don't expect to work the first time I use it, but after a month of almost daily application? Yeah, I do.

Totally agree with thi!  Ingredients; bottom line. Not the thickness of a product.

Honored Contributor

@sonechko  Does the All In One cleanser have the "scrubbies" in it?

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SahmIam wrote:

@sonechko  Does the All In One cleanser have the "scrubbies" in it?

Very-very tiny scrubbies and very gentle too. All of Isomers cleansers are gentle and PH balanced so you never need a toner to balance the skin back to normal from using a cleanser.

I like and have both of these @SahmIam. I feel the All in One does the exfoliating cleansing better, but maybe it is only my perception, because Double Duty is also exfoliating.

I like DD because I feel it to be super gentle with my skin and not drying any. Also, I feel safe to wash my eye makeup (when I have it on) with DD, though sometimes I need two takes to get it out. But it still works without using a makeup remover - I don't trust what they may have in them.

So, I do alternate mostly between these two.

And if you'd like to try them both without buying both,  there is a DUO with AIO and DD together at 8 oz each. Still half a liter together. I have those on A/D.

Respected Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

@SahmIam wrote:

Regarding ISOMERS cleansers: does she offer one for dry skin and that does NOT contain scrubbies in it?

@JeanLouiseFinch  I read somewhere that BHA were for those who had more of a problem with clogged pores/blackheads and AHA was for everyone else. A product with both would address ALL concerns. It was either Trish McEvoys book or Perricones. I started paying attention to they type of glycolics after that and found they are labeled as just AHA, just BHA and then the combo. Made sense once I knew they were being labeled based on what your skin needs vs one size fits all. If I have this backwards, please correct me, everyone!

@SahmIam- My understanding is the same as yours, so if you're wrong, I am too.  Seriously, though, I believe you are correct.  Everyone raves about Paula's Choice BHA.  I tried her 9% for sebaceous hyperplasia and didn't like it at all, it was thick and somewhat sticky.  I've always leaned toward and AHA when it comes to liquid (Alpha Skincare).  Isomers, in general, hasn't been the greatest for me, but this combo exfoliator is calling me.  I'm having cervical spine surgery next week and will be in a hard collar for several weeks with no bending, nodding, or twisting.  I'm even limiting my showering and shampooing for awhile.  That said, I think DermAppealing is out for me for the time being.  Hence my search for a liquid.  I think I'm going to give the Isomers a try.  The price isn't bad, for a 4 oz. bottle, and it's available on subscription should I really like it and it becomes a non-negotiable for me.

@JeanLouiseFinchI hope that all goes well with your surgery next week and you're back online soon!  I use the exfoliating serum every night.  The dermappeal is too harsh for my skin, but the exfoliating serum is very gentle and easy to use.  I use about a half cap full on a cotton ball for my entire face.

@SahmIamI agree with @sonechko about the Double Duty cleanser.  It is not gritty and cleanses well.  

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@LinmoI did not like Paula's Choice BHA, or any other few things of hers that I tried. Do not understand how she (or her organization) takes it upon themselves to rate (judge) other skincare lines, like they are some kind of top notch experts. PC products are just okay at best.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Linmo, have an easy and successful surgery and speedy complete recovery! Stay positive, strong and beautiful Sweetheart!  Best wishes Heart

p.s. Love Isomers Enzyme Peel that you are planning to get. Have it on subscription, as well as Derma Peel, as well as ABC, and another Isomers Pro exfoliating trio. I have to alternate between all of those because I like them all!

Respected Contributor

@sonechkoThanks for the good wishes, but @JeanLouiseFinchis the one having surgery next week.  I hope you have a wonderful Holiday Season!

Honored Contributor

@SahmIam wrote:

@Chi-town girl  When it comes to body care, I'm finding that the label can be VERY misleading and the thickness of the product has nothing to do with hydration when the term "BUTTER" is used.

Some of the thickest "butters" have done NOTHING for my KP on my arms or flaking skin on my legs but have found a lotion has done wonders. Ingredients; bottom line. I'll see what this one has to offer. So far, my most recent body butter purchases have left me quite disappointed over long term use. I don't expect to work the first time I use it, but after a month of almost daily application? Yeah, I do.

@SahmIam - I agree about the misleading labels. I think the new Isomers body cream is a treatment/anti-aging cream, not a body butter. What other body butter products are dispensed from a pump bottle? Evine seems to be on a strategy to have every beauty brand offer body butters, lol. 

I hope we see some reviews here for the new body cream. Very few beauty reviews are being posted which is sorely missing!

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Honored Contributor

@FLGators wrote:

One more body butter TTV....Buyers must really love them.  I am out of glutathiosome body serum, just sayin....Woman Wink Oleo & Zoie butters next @Chi-town girl

@FLGators - you're right! It all started with Skinn DWP body butter. It has sold very well and customers were calling Evine and Skinn when it was first introduced with limited quantities. Evine Marketing took the idea and asked/told the other vendors to chop-chop.

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Honored Contributor

@Linmo wrote:

@JeanLouiseFinchI hope that all goes well with your surgery next week and you're back online soon!  I use the exfoliating serum every night.  The dermappeal is too harsh for my skin, but the exfoliating serum is very gentle and easy to use.  I use about a half cap full on a cotton ball for my entire face.

@SahmIamI agree with @sonechko about the Double Duty cleanser.  It is not gritty and cleanses well.  

Thanks, @Linmo, for those good wishes.  I do have a bit of a DermAppeal stockpile.  It's worked well for me but will be unable to use it due to the restrictions on bending and  moving my head/neck.  I'll eventually get back to it.  If I end up liking the Isomers liquid, I can always use up the DermAppeal on my feet or body.