Trusted Contributor

ISOMERS, SKINN, ELYSEE, PERRICONE, GROSS, ETC. ??

I'm 57,

dry skin- used to be normal, due to total hysterectomy and unable to use hormones-

good texture except for chin area,

not many wrinkles,

jaw area slacking,

hollowness under eyes

I do not need foundation or powder, only use mascara, brow color, blush

currently using Dr Brandt collagen serum and Josie"s oil

I'm wondering which line offers actual long term, ongoing results-

looking for ingredients that:

slow the destruction of telomeres

promote my own elastin and collagen production

(collagen in products do not penetrate because molecules are too large and I prefer not to use animal collagen anyway.)

effective stem cell product

moisturization

eye hollowness help

slackness help

chin texture help

I know nothing short of injectables, fillers, surgery truly helps the eye hollow and jaw slacking areas- but something skincare/handheld device-wise out there?

any help on brands which uses proven scientific results in vivo (not animal) if possible, not only in vitro

and specific products from any brands for my issues? I don"t need to stay within one brand if a mix of products from different brands could work.

THXSmile

FURBABIES ARE THE BREATH OF LIFE
Valued Contributor

Re: ISOMERS, SKINN, ELYSEE, PERRICONE, GROSS, ETC. ??

I just started using skinn, and am impressed.
Honored Contributor

I've been using Skinn for a little over a month and I'm impressed as well.

Honored Contributor

I love Skinn and it is impressive to me. Things really work in this line. I love his new oil, the lip 6X, the Chin Up.

Faith is the strength by which a shattered world shall emerge into the light. —Helen Keller
Trusted Contributor

Another Skinn devotee here! Perhaps you should investigate his Deep Wrinkle Protocol (DWP) system including Creme Reverse and his new Age Reset serum...you may want to add a drop of the Josie Maran oil to the creme reverse if you find it not hydrating enough...his Chin up (blue version for me) is great for firming neck area and I do his tap-a-toe neck massage every day and have seen good results! As far as the facial muscles slackening and eye hollows, I have been using micro current EGG from SSC but there is NuFace and Facemaster too...I feel the exercising of the facial muscles does help a lot for these issues but you are right...surgery is the only guaranteed way to see big differences but so many things can and do go wrong and people stop looking like themselves if they do too much...fillers and botox I have not tried but would not be adverse (maybe botox for forehead fillers for laugh lines near mouth)...Good luck in your search for the right skincare system for YOU!

Respected Contributor

I'm just jumping in to ditto Krissy's post. I hesitated to make recommendations with that long list of requirements, but I've been using the Skinn DWP line since its introduction. It is the premier, powerhouse grouping from Skinn and performs well ... is results-driven. The introduction of the Age Reset serum last month has super-charged all the other items...and very quickly for a serum, I might add. There's a "Skinn Age Reset Serum" active thread going right now. You might want to scare that one up and take a look. Also, I will add one more thing. Skinn offers an eye mask called EnergEyes Revitalizing Eye Mask. It's pretty amazing the results I've seen on my own eyes when I use it. I don't have a real problem, except when I overuse the pc, but the mask takes care of it. I can't tell you how many rave reviews I've read on these boards on this one for the "hollowness" problem. If you're interested, 304-902 is a kit at the ShopHQ site that includes the item and you can check it out. Whatever you decide on, SKITTLES, I wish you the best with it! {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

A Dimitri Dazzler. Need I say More?
Honored Contributor

I use Skinn, a little of Isomers and ASDM and I am very happy with my skin at 56!

Super Contributor

I have many of the things you posted, your skin signs sound just like mine as well as the hormone thing. I have purchased and had access to just about any skincare brand out there. I have worked in the field, been counter managers for cosmetic companies, Sephora, you name it. The biggest improvement I have had is with the Skinn line, I have used all the brands you mentioned in your post. You have to have an oil on board for the dry skin due to the thyroid, thyroid issues are really tough, I sure have had issues and the Skinn lipid oil will be the best thing to turn your skin around in 2 days, honest.

I do use the Tatcha firming serum and that has also done wonders for my skin as well, the other brands, have just not given me the results they should have, Skinn out performs all the brands you listed. The best thing to do, and the most economical thing to do is the nextr time he is on, which is Feb, go ahead and purchase a few kits, if you would like I ca tell you what items have worked for me. Buy them on ezpay and the 2.99 shipping and try them for 3 weeks, you can return them if you dont see the results and you have not spent a fortune to get them home. I almost never tell people what to buy, I am not a scientist so I try and not prescribe, lol. I just think you will be so surprised when you get his items home and give them a whirl.....you will see the difference

Occasional Contributor

for a long time I used Clarins super restorative line with some favorite Principal Secret serums.

then I moved onto Elysee and I must say, I really enjoyed using the fountain of youth gel mixed with the Pyn. gel every morning, and her her collagaboost and resurrection serum combo. I add the fountain of youth cream on top/am and the collaboost creme /pm.

I just tried Isomers super serum...good stuff but I miss Elyse-that burst of moisture in the AM.

I have not tried Skinn.

I would stick with Clarins and Principal Secret but the Clarins day cream is 122. dollars, and is just out of my budget now.

The Elysee fountain of youth and collagist creams are just as nice.

Respected Contributor

I hesitate to give beauty product advice. I am one who could use some advice, not give it to others. Ha! But given that you mentioned you use one of Dr. Brandt's products already, I really like his GLOW overnight resurfacing serum. It is a retinol product that is gentle but effective.

That's all I got.