Honored Contributor

ISOMERS PUR Life SC High Intensity Serum-NOT good.

Let it be known that the reviewing committee on EVINE has refused all FIVE reviews I've written for this product. Perhaps because the negative is out-weighting the positive. I've COULD give it 3+ stars and then tell the truth but that means it receives a false ranking, so....I gave up.

Used the product for a week, no issue. Skin looked great. Only at night and only with THE Cream as my moisturizer. Used it on face, neck and chest. By the end of the 2nd week, I had redness, rash, welts and water burned my skin. Had to see the doc and well, hopefully it will clear up in a MONTH. Dermatologist says it looks like my skin was burned. I brought the product with me and he said not only was it potent, the combo could very easily damage sensitive skin; skin that is out in the sun; skin that is being subjected to numerous antibiotics. He said he wouldn't recommend this product to anyone unless they have been using a strong retinol for at least a year without issue.

Not. Happy. My skin looks like $^@&. Beware everyone, especially if you have sensitive skin.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Re: ISOMERS PUR Life SC High Intensity Serum-NOT good.

@SahmIamYOu may want to call Isomers directly and speak to someone on a high level.  They may want to reformulate or....  make it very clear on how and who should use.

SORRY you had this problem. 

Esteemed Contributor

@SahmIam, What a horror show.  I am very sorry this happened to you.  I am glad you sought immediate medical treatment.  I wonder how many others have experienced this.  Shame on Evine.  I wish you a speedy healing!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

That is strange. I looked at the ingredients and it is just a bunch of stem cells. No retinol, no acids. It shouldn't do very much. (I'm not a big believer in stem cells.) But clearly it did something to you! You must have had an allergic reaction to one of the botanicals from which the stem cells were collected? Sorry you are having to go through this. Woman Mad

ETA: Okay a tiny bit of lactic acid at the end of the list. That's an acid. Still should not have done much in a small amount. Must be a plant reaction.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Respected Contributor

I have more of a problem of not being able to give an honest review. That needs to be looked into.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SahmIam 

I cannot use anything with Retinol, and I have light olive skin that is not what I ever considered sensitive.

I'll stay away from this one.

Having said that, I'm so sorry you had this happen.  It's always so unsettling as you aren't sure WHAT is causing it.

I've tried to stop experimenting with too many products and just use the ones that seem to work.

I would contact Isomers directly for sure.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Porcelain @PamfromCT  and everyone else

Thank you for the support! 

I read the ingredients and saw acid at the bottom. I've used Alpha and beta acids on my skin, no issue. I've used retinol off and on (mild form) with no issue. I ALWAYS wear an spf50 no matter what and rarely go out when the sun is at it's strongest.

Apparently it's the combo of ingredients and then something that doesn't work with my skin. That said, there are 6 out of 11 reviews on EVINE that ALL state the same things:

redness, rash, itchy skin, burning even when water is applied, skin feeling rough, skin looking burned.

Not sure why they were all allowed but mine wasn't unless it's the ratio of good vs bad. Some gave it 3 or more stores and THEN told their horror story in the written section; it has a 2.7 out of 5 but would be rated a 1.3 if they had give it a 1 star. This product came in a set so I didn't pay for the full amount but, based on what my insurance has paid.....this product has cost me almost $1500 (cost of product, cost of doctor visit, cost of Rx). I'm pretty ticked off.

I DID call ISOMERS. Pretty much blown off with the "everyone's skin is different and there's always a chance of reaction". Beyond that it was 'thank you for calling".

Regarding reviews: I've left 85 reviews on products with no issue. First time one of mine was denied.

Honored Contributor

@SahmIam  - thx for your review. Very unfortunate experience for you - hope you heal quickly & completely. Isn't this a serum that costs over $100? 

As much as I  dislike Q's review system that allows anyone to post reviews even if you haven't purchased, I would rather see all reviews and have the acesss to the info. Most times it's easy to ignore the bogus ones

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Respected Contributor

@MW in Iowa wrote:

I have more of a problem of not being able to give an honest review. That needs to be looked into.

I agee.  I had a similar experience with ShopLC recently.  I do purchase a lot of jewelry from them and haven't had many issues, but when they asked for a review on a particular ring, I felt I should be honest.

It's a large ring with many gemstones of varying sizes.  Within 5 minutes of me putting it on my finger, a small stone fell out onto a table that was under my hand.  Of course I mentioned that in my review, but I still gave it 3 stars because I had decided to keep it anyway because the missing stone wasn't that noticeable, and the ring was sold out in my size.

Instead of posting my review, they sent me an email offering to let me return it for free.  Well, I appreciate that offer, but I wanted others to beware before they made the purchase.

Laura loves cats!
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Not surprised at all that Evine didn't post your review. It's unfortunate that Isomers CS was not more helpful. I certainly didn't expect that from them! I hope you heal & try to stay off the anti-aging bandwagon until you heal completely. 

edited to add: thank you for posting your experience, most definitely helps some of us who are on these boards!