Respected Contributor

Re: ISOMERS,I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO BELIEVE 😣

@SilleeMee wrote:

I had laser skin tightening on my face, eyes and neck using the YAG laser. It was a series of six treatments, done once a month. I had it done at a laser clinic by a dermatologist who specialized in cosmetic laser procedures. @tsavorite

This kind of procedure needs to be evaluated before you get it done because it is not recommended for severely sagging, loose skin. Those who have light to moderate laxity will benefit the most.

Thanks for sharing!  I have had some laser done for my rosacea. 1st tried IPL treatments and then found a place using Broad Band Light...abit different and much more effective for my rosacea.  She would do 5 total passes over my entire face...did about 7 treatments.  It helped with the overall redness and chronic inflammation....YAG is a very powerful laser never had that done....not sure with my rosacea I'd dare try that for a lifting type treatment.  I know it can be used to target bloodvessels say on cheeks/nose but gotta really know someone is skilled at using it correctly.

Honored Contributor

@staceyluvsyou,    That is too bad that happened to you.  When you think about it, they really can show us any before and after pictures.  We have no idea if they are touched up or not but most are touched up.  There are creams that will give you temporary firmness but not permanent firmness.  For that you will need to go under the knife.  Try to find an excellent product that will give you the temporary firmness.  I would trust Estee Lauder, Bobbi Brown, Laura Mercier for some skin products.  Also, Dr. Gross, Roth, and Perricone.  Read your ingredients and reviews.  Good luck.  

kindness is strength
Regular Contributor

I almost ordered some of the products from this line. But first I looked it up online and they are full of chemicals.  I dont feel that people should put a ton of chemical laden products all over their skin.

If we all had the same opinion or everyone was the same. the world would be a very boring place!
Honored Contributor

@Porcelain  I sure hope all of that is true and hope when they use the term cosmetics that includes skin care creams and lotion.  Thanks for the info.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Honored Contributor

@Imaoldhippie Yep, creams and lotions are definitely included in the definition of cosmetics. 

"The Federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act (FD&C Act) defines cosmetics by their intended use, as "articles intended to be rubbed, poured, sprinkled, or sprayed on, introduced into, or otherwise applied to the human body...for cleansing, beautifying, promoting attractiveness, or altering the appearance" [FD&C Act, sec. 201(i)]. Among the products included in this definition are skin moisturizers, perfumes, lipsticks, fingernail polishes, eye and facial makeup preparations, cleansing shampoos, permanent waves, hair colors, and deodorants, as well as any substance intended for use as a component of a cosmetic product."

https://www.fda.gov/Cosmetics/GuidanceRegulation/LawsRegulations/ucm074201.htm

I totally agree with you that cosmetics should be better regulated. There are loads of ways we could be better protected. But cosmetics manufacturers do take the FDA regulations very seriously as well as their own internal industry watchdog groups.

The FDA won't protect you from parabens or ingredients that sound good but do little. They will protect you from purchasing a product that grows mold while you're using it or contains a substance that could seriously immediately harm your skin.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr