Respected Contributor

IS GLYCOLIC ACID ENOUGH TO FADE SPOTS ON HANDS??

Im seeing a few light spots on my hands.  I do apply my C serum and a Alpha glycolic serum when I do my my face.  Should I purchase stronger glycolic pads, or try Alphas dark spot remover, it has the lightening ingredient. 

I ALWAYS APPLY SUNSCREEN TOO.

@SilleeMee 

Trusted Contributor

Re: IS GLYCOLIC ACID ENOUGH TO FADE SPOTS ON HANDS??

I follow several Derms on TikTok and they said that not all brown spots are the same. You need to know what kind and how deep they are before treatment can be decided.

Respected Contributor

@Dazlin If you want a temporary fix, apply Philosophy's The Present to the back of your hand. It smoothes out the coloring even though it dries clear. It is my favorite primer but also works as a clear makeup for the face.

Honored Contributor

@Dazlin 

You can try those things but @MG Chris  is right. It depends on how deep the brown spots are plus the spots might need to be evaluated by a derm to determine treatment options. It's difficult to say w/o actually seeing the spots in person.

Regular Contributor

I use the Mari Badescu vit c serum n the backs of my hands at night and Peter Thomas Roth niacinamide cream after the vit c. It really works. You can use this on you face too. It's pricey but lasts a long time.

Respected Contributor

@MG Chris , @SilleeMee ...They're very faint and light, but of course I see them.  I just want to remedy before I get more, or worse.  I have no idea if they're deep or what.  Thx, next time I see derm I'll mention it...but for now??

Trusted Contributor

@Dazlin wrote:

@MG Chris , @SilleeMee ...They're very faint and light, but of course I see them.  I just want to remedy before I get more, or worse.  I have no idea if they're deep or what.  Thx, next time I see derm I'll mention it...but for now??

I have some on my hands and before I knew about needing to find out I started with retinol and Skinn hand cream. I buy retinol, use it up and move on to the next one so no particular brand but mine have lightened quite a bit. I really like the Skinn hand cream and had a ton on hand from kits when he was on ShopHQ so I used it pretty religiously. I still have several tubes but I wanted to try something different so I started with DERMELECT ( I am using a few of their products and liking them a lot) timeless anti-aging daily hand treatment and I am really liking it. I have it on auto-ship.

Honored Contributor

@Dazlin 

The Ordinary makes a 30% GA peel which you apply and then rinse off. It's a very strong solution so timing is important when using it. 

This is The Ordinary GA Peel. Sells for $8.

The Ordinary AHA 30% + BHA 2% Peeling Solution (Exfoliating Facial) | New  London Chelsea

Respected Contributor

@SilleeMee ...I've had that from the Ordinary...it didn't do anything for me...I trashed it.   I have mentioned on other posts, after reading different experiences,  but some reason...it never felt like anything on me🤷‍♀️.

Honored Contributor

@Dazlin 

Maybe try using a 50% GA peel. You'll need to apply a neutralizer afterwards. I don't have any recs but there are many out there.