Honored Contributor

Re: IS CHARLOTTE TILBURY ALL THAT?

@Shanus wrote:

@Sooner wrote:

@Shanus You know, I have decided stuff like that isn't a big problem for the environment.  It's all the plane trips we take, the electronics we dispose of, the body wash and shampoo that comes in plastic bottles, the things we could buy in bulk and don't, etc.

It's not the little things that people get all worked up.  It's all the trips to Europe on jets, packages coming by jet and truck, disposable clothing, tons of shoes we don't need, stuff like that.  We aren't talking about the things that really matter to the enviornment AND to our economy.

@Sooner   I don’t like contributing to the mess if it can be helped.

@Shanus   I think the quantity is what is hurting.  I think it's not one luxurious thing, but 10 things we buy, decide we don't like, or don't wear, or another bath product we want because it is pink or purple or smells different that is getting us.

It's the amount of things we buy, things from China we don't need or even want and discard.  that's what mounts up. 

Honored Contributor

@Shanus   Isn't Charlotte on UTube all the time?  Maybe that is why she is popular.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

@Katcat1 wrote:

@Shanus   Isn't Charlotte on UTube all the time?  Maybe that is why she is popular.

@Katcat1   She’s everywhere! The stores push her line because they know it’s expensive/popular. They work on commission. 

Esteemed Contributor

When I looked at the Charlotte Tilbury Pillow Talk collection at Nordstrom this summer both at the Nordstrom Vancouver, B.C. store and the Nordstrom Las Vegas Fashion Show mall stores, I wasn't that impressed when I swatched the Pillow Talk matte lipstick. I'm going to wait until my next trip to Las Vegas to take a closer look at the Charlotte Tilbury line as the Sephora at the Miracle Mile Mall (the one at Planet Hollywood resort) now carries the Charlotte Tilbury line.

I think that the Quo powder blush duo is a good dupe for the Charlotte Tilbury Cheek to Chic swish and pop blush. They both have that bullseye center. Quo is sold in Canada at most Shopper Drug Mart drugstores as that is a Shoppers Drugmart house brand. There's only 4 shades of the Quo blush duo but that's enough variety.