Super Contributor

Thought I'd share this should anyone want to know about IPL...had a photofacial 6 days ago. My skin issues are mostly broken capillaries, a spider angioma and some hyperpigmentation. Basically what you'd expect on someone who grew up in the 70s and spent the whole summer outside. I am a Fitzpatrick type II and the sun damage seems to be popping out now. The IPL took about 20 minutes, full face. No numbing cream so a little more than a rubber band snap by the end but made it through. I was flushed red for about half a day. I did have cheek and orbital swelling after 24 hours and it is still lingering but almost gone on day 6. The dark spots are darker and some that popped out from the treatment surprised me...weird seeing the skin damage that was coming next!

Definitely can see immediate reduction in the spider veins. Also pores seem to be significantly minimized. The next few weeks will show results as the spider veins dissolve and the brown patches start to clear up. I'm having another IPL in a month. The gal in my doctor's office said she thinks 2 will do the trick...we'll see.

Honored Contributor

Re: IPL 6 Days Ago

[ Edited ]

@hookedonq    Wow, congrats for making it through without any numbing cream. Happy you're pleased so far with the results. I'm sure when it does it's thing, you'll love the way it looks.  

Thanks for sharing.

Honored Contributor

Re: IPL 6 Days Ago

[ Edited ]

I get my facial veins and redness treated about every two years. I have a medical condition where that causes little veins and redness to reoccur. Some of my veins don't ever go away even after treatment. I don't use numbing cream either. I have a high pain tolerance. My derm uses a laser called a Vasculight (brand) and sometimes she uses a Vbeam Perfecta laser. Both sting.

THIS IS NOT ME but I have this same condition (scleroderma) as this person. Mine isn't quite this bad b/c I get my face treated often enough to where it doesn't look this bad...but it could easily look bad if I let it go.

Scleroderma Symptoms – Scleroderma Education Project