Honored Contributor

IOPE Air Cushion Matte Foundation Review

There is only 1 review so far on this product; I'll add one later but thought many here might be interested in it especially as so many of us have issues as we get older with foundations....

I saw this via Tiffany on YouTube. She raved about it especially how well it covered/made skin look flawless. I check out her foundation/makeup recs due to her fairness but being honest, she isn't THAT fair; her foundation shades are 2-3 shades too dark for me despite looking so pale on the screen. The lights she uses "blows her shade out" meaning it makes her look MUCH lighter than she actually is (which is true of the majority of YT beauty gurus). In any event, she uses shade 21 and claims that though it looks dark online and in the package, it goes on much lighter. Plus, it's for a good cause so... why not. Oh, she experienced the same issue I had with Lancome's cushion foundation: it turned orange within minutes of application. THIS one did not; another reason to try it.

I ordered shade 21; it's called Ice Vanilla. It is NOT available anywhere in the US (this formulation) but you can order it from overseas vendors. It receives high marks no matter where I went in my research. It has a strong scent (like perfume) that goes away almost immediately. The shade is NOT light enough for me, sadly. Not as a full coverage foundation (which doesn't take all that much. HOWEVER....

Over my very white SPF or KVD #41 Lock it Foundation, it is freaking AMAZING as the color is now perfect. But that's not the best part!!! HERE is why you should try it:

Your skin is left flawless. I mean FLAWLESS. Every line disappears, even under the eyes. It covers enough to make your skin appear like porcelain. It is NOT drying. Yes, you can use a powder over it. NO, it will not look cakey. It is just the most unbelievable finish I've seen in more than a decade (the last time I saw a finish like this was due to a Japanese product - airbrush application- that's been discontinued in the US for more than 10 years). I love it.

If the shades is a perfect match for you...even better. #21 is a true neutral as it's not pink but not yellow either. If it was a MAC shade, I would say N12-N15. You CAN darken it with bronzing powder very easily. Of the three offered, this is the lightest shade. Fair to light would be an accurate description. It does come with a refill.

Like I said, this product is not available anywhere else in the US that I can find. I'm still searching and I've contacted Sephora because the carry the other IOPE cushion foundations; hopefully they'll add this one to the group. 

Frequent Contributor

Re: IOPE Air Cushion Matte Foundation Review

@SahmIam  I have not tried the matte version, but I do own the regular one and like it a lot.  It is often touted as one of the best Korean air cushions out there.

If you live anywhere near a Aritaum or Amore store (their US version of a Sephora for K-beauty), they will have testers out for color matching.  That was where I bought mine.  And they often have GWP's.  Either that, or they'll give you lots of samples.  At my store, they will even ship it to you for a $5 charge (this was what they told me quite some time ago, around 2015).

I just checked their website, and it seems like they carry five shades in the matte version:

http://us.aritaum.com/product-category/type/makeup/air-cushion/

Honored Contributor

@summer  I owe you a fruit cup (I don't drink, lol)!! There is an Aritaum 15 minutes from my house!!!! Who the heck knew?! It's located inside a large Korean grocery store so I'm going to head over there tomorrow and check it out. It looks like they offer a shade lighter than #21; hopefully it won't be too pink.

The fact that they call this formulation "matte" surprises me; it is not a traditional matte, IMHO. It leaves a beautiful satin finish that flatters all except oily skin.

Thank you for this info!!!!

Frequent Contributor

@SahmIam  You're very welcome!  Glad to be able to help. Smiley Happy

You're lucky to have an Aritaum so close to you. Mine is 45 mins away, but it is a stand-alone store though, so it's still worth the trip.

If you look under Events on their website (keep refreshing if it doesn't load the first time), which hasn't been updated to show May GWP's, unfortunately, you'll see that they were giving out a 4-pc IOPE travel sized skin care set last month. But don't worry, they always have some kind of freebie going on.  Good luck on your search!