Frequent Contributor

Re: INTERESTED IN A MAKEUP FACELIFT?

I agree, this is a fantastic video! The side-by-side comparison of the wrong way vs. the right way makes it easy to see the difference. I enjoy Dominique's videos and this is another winner! I'm guilty of several mistakes and need to update my routine. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Also an actual facelift will too, like it does in her case. 

Respected Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@alicedee wrote:

@Shanus Thanks so much for sharing this video!  I have been doing some of those techniques already, but I have never used contouring powder before.  Am definitely going to experiment with that.

I have a very thin upper lip, and always feel like I have to line it so it "shows up" !   I will experiment with her method of lining, too.

Thanks, Shanus. 🌷

@alicedee  Happy you enjoyed it. Not sure if your lips are downturned at the corners. A good tip is with a natural toned liner, not to go all the way into the corners of the lips...top or bottom. Sometimes if we do that, it ends up with a smile that looks like The Joker. LOL

I will remember that lip trick....lol about The Joker!

Honored Contributor

She doesn't need a facelift, so I didn't see much of a lift or difference other than the wrong way was heavy handed and as she said, IMO, as well, incorrectly applied.  Light lids and heavy shading in the crease was a trend at one time that I thought looked very unnatural.  

I learned to lift my outer eyes in my 20's when I didn't need it.  Then, it was the correct way to apply eye makeup.

I think smudging a little bit of eyeliner above and under the lower eyelashes along with mascara make eyes more prominent.  They look top heavy with nothing below.  Beautiful eyes draw attention away from droopy jaws.  And...no to false eyelashes.  

Overall, a light hand is the way to go.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Foxxee  IMHO, I do use a bit of medium toned shadow very close to bottom lashes for balance, but no mascara. It tends to drag the eye down. The idea is to have everything up.

I'm pretty sure she hasn't had a facelift. She's been honest in other videos about fillers and botox.

Trusted Contributor

Thank you @Shanus I really enjoyed the video.  I haven't worn full makeup in so long, I really could use a tutorial!  I (should) have a wedding coming up next year, so maybe I should start practising once a week or so.

I have never used an eye shadow primer.  Do you have one that you could recommend for mature skin? 

Do the math.
Honored Contributor

I can not imagine going to such extremes  to look different... all that makeup... no way.

Honored Contributor

@Shanus  - I really enjoyed the video and picked up a few pointers.  Thanks for telling us about it.

I'm going to try putting a few strands of false eye lashes in the corner.  I like the look. 

Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

I can not imagine going to such extremes  to look different... all that makeup... no way.

@SeaMaiden  - I don't find that the video showed any extremes.  These were just tips on applying makeup.   I surely don't want to look like the "droopy" side of her face.

Makeup is fun, but if you don't wear or like makeup, I can see how it would be bothersome.

Honored Contributor

@San Antonio Gal wrote:

@Shanus  - I really enjoyed the video and picked up a few pointers.  Thanks for telling us about it.

I'm going to try putting a few strands of false eye lashes in the corner.  I like the look. 

@San Antonio Gal wrote:

@San Antonio Gal  I'm intrigued by the thought of magnetic eyelashes (I think....lol).

I'd only want them as you, not the entire lashline to inner corner.

Anyone know of what ones are good?