Honored Contributor

Re: INIS... the Irish fragrance

I found it at a boutique on vacation in Fort Lauderdale.   I thought it smelled fresh and light.   It says it’s a unisex fragrance.   

Amazing Grace is my favorite scent to wear.   I get compliments all the time on it.  I do have to layer it to get any kind of lasting scent.  

Honored Contributor

@Reever Oh Dear! Are there still “.......respected women of a certain age....”?

Hoping I’m not walking around smelling like one......

Honored Contributor

@Phantom41 wrote:

@nyc1 wrote:

@ElvisShops wrote:

@Quinny wrote:

I tried Inis years ago, and it smelled of generic men's aftershave lotion on me.  At least that's what my husband told me.  Smiley Frustrated

I agree with your husband. I tried several versions of it and hated them all. 

@ElvisShops @Quinny  Add me to that list!  I tried it so many years ago,  and returned it immediately.   Thankfully there is something for everyone out there.

I'm with you guys!  I had the opportunity to try it on when we were in Ireland and absolutely hated it.  Glad I never ordered it "smell untried." I tend to turn things weird though.

Count me in too.  I've tried to like it but just can't.  I'm glad I never bought it.

Respected Contributor

@Reever wrote:

@HLP wrote:

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@Reever, I've never tried this particular scent, but I wear what I love regardless of whether someone thinks it's not befitting my age or that it compromises my respectabitlity, whatever that means.

Didn't know perfumes was by age. I wear Inis, love it, I'm 85, is that too old? I have bought scents that do not smell good on me, one smelled like clorox. It's what your skin sends off, that makes us all like different smells. And I don't know what you mean by respectability, but was amused. Good for you wear what you like.

In my opinion certain fragrances can only be pulled off by women of a certain age. I certainly cant picture a college aged woman in Joy or Shalimar. Or even Chanel for that matter. These upscale fragrances require a woman of a certain age to pull them off. Someone with grace and style. For example I couldnt fathom the lovely Tova wearing anything from Walmart.

@Reever being of a certain age doesn't give you grace & style. 

Frequent Contributor

I'm not of a "certain age".  In my 40's.  Recently tried this fragrance at a local boutique.  Absolutely love it!! I have the lotion on my hands as I type this and keep smelling it over and over.  I guess fragrance is personal.  I tend to like softer, lighter fragrances.  My go to for the past 10 or so years has been UR Woman by Usher.  It's not a very popular fragrance but I always get compliments.  I'm also enjoying the new magnolia scent from Philosophy.

Trusted Contributor

I didn't care for the original Inis, the heavy marine note made it seem masculine to me.  I tried to like it but eventually threw it out when I was culling fragrances.  I still have a box of Inis bath salts, maybe I'll use it for foot soaks, lol.

I did buy Inis Moonlight few years ago and prefer it to the original Inis.  I don't see it offered on QVC anymore.  It's a soft, romantic floral, not at all like the bracing Inis.  Sort of like Tova Nights is the soft, romantic floral counterpart to the original fresh Tova.  I'm tempted to try Inis Arose.

Honored Contributor

My MIL had this fragrance sitting in the powder room years ago, I couldn't get over that she would actually wear a scent like that. I personally never cared for it, but scent is personal.

Valued Contributor

WHERE CAN I FIND THE LOTION?

Valued Contributor

I LOVE TOVA as well. the shower gel and the lotion. the spray is a bit too strong for me.  I tried the sampler set of NEST, I think there was 5 different tiny bottles......that was a migraine trigger for me... wow!

Frequent Contributor

I just sent back the rose fragrance I bought on St. Patty's Day. Like the original, I liked the scent, but it disappeared on me after an hour. Had it lasted I would have kept it. Not worth the price if it doesnt last. (I wound up keeping the original, wish I'd sent it back).