Respected Contributor

Re: INIS Cologne Spray here at the Q

@San Antonio Gal

Hi, Neighbor!  Big D native here. How did you like the Inis?  I am still deciding whether to order it or not.  Kim Gravel complimented Jane Tracy on her fragrance and she told Kim it was Inis that she was wearing.  There are a few choices.  Which one did you try?  I am interested in Energy of the Sea.  A Pure Grace gal for years.

If your face brightens when you meet a friend, you have struck gold. - unknown
Respected Contributor

I hope everyone likes it ...   I ordered when it first came to QVC many years ago, and sent it back.  Was just not for me.

Frequent Contributor

I agree, scent is so personal.

I did not like it, and ended up sending it back. I did find something similar to it that wasn't as strong to my nose. It was in the same scent family, but again, not as strong to my nose. It's called Laila by Geir Ness.

Respected Contributor

wrote:

I hope everyone likes it ...   I ordered when it first came to QVC many years ago, and sent it back.  Was just not for me.

Me too.  It was years ago and I couldn't send it back fast enough.  I did think it was masculine.  And I don't do florals or sweet.  

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hi,  the great thing about QVC is you can try it for 30 days, -I suggest you do, to give time to go about your days to wear it as you think you'd do- and adjust the amount and applicaton to see if it works, 

if not, return it. 

My all time favorite scent was Philosophy's ( when Cristina owned the company before selling to Coty- who IMO changed/riuned their fragrances) but when it was the original Philosophy, I adored Falling in Love. I loved the berry/vanilla scent. I also wore Pure Grace.

I also love and still use, Antica Farmacista's Vanilla Bourbon Mandarine perfume, warm, vanilla-y, fruity, the vaniall bourbon is not strong- very nice. (They make a home fragrance too- great  scents throughout, great company.)

I do love INIS, the original, Energy of the Sea, but I find it can be strong and running towards masculine on me.

I've learned to lightly spray in the air ahead of me and walk, twirl through it.  That way I don't get too much, and you do not need a lot, the scent lasts.  It becomes more of a light, crisp, watery if thats possible, citrusy and applying it this way brings those scents out nicely on me in a feminie way. 

I use all forms-  regular size spray, small atomizer, roller ball, and solid,  also like the bath and body INIS products, sometimes I just use those and no spray, still leaves a light scent.

I do not like types like-  clean, or cotton, or linen, dryer sheet type of scents. INIS is not one of those. I also don't like too flowery or  too spicey, heavy perfumery, or strong scents. 

I do best with vanilla's, fruity, light scents.

hope this helps and didn't confuse or bore you.

Cat Very Happy

FURBABIES ARE THE BREATH OF LIFE
Respected Contributor

It was too strong and masculine for me. However, perfume likes are so individual.  You can never tell if it will smell good on you until you try it.  

Honored Contributor

wrote:

I agree, scent is so personal.

I did not like it, and ended up sending it back. I did find something similar to it that wasn't as strong to my nose. It was in the same scent family, but again, not as strong to my nose. It's called Laila by Geir Ness.

@Love2Laugh, I used and loved Laila, probably when it first came out or about that time. For me, unfortunately, it didn't have much longevity to speak of. But I still remember that scent.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland