Esteemed Contributor

@CinNC  That is good to hear.  I am considering microblading for mine.  Because of chemo I lost all of my brows and very little has come back.  I cannot leave the house without the painstaking task of trying to fill them in nicely.  Right now I'm using the Benefit brow product and it is pretty good.   I am quite self concious about it though and am seriously considering having a makeup artist do the microblading (semi permanent tattoo).  

Honored Contributor

I’m the only one who grooms my brows. They’re still brown & thick even though my hair is silver. My skin is so fair, they’re the only color on my face w/o makeup.

On a really rushed day, I can wear my dark brows, a medium rosey lip & sunglasses ....Good to go!

Honored Contributor

@LindaSalwrote:

@CinNC  That is good to hear.  I am considering microblading for mine.  Because of chemo I lost all of my brows and very little has come back.  I cannot leave the house without the painstaking task of trying to fill them in nicely.  Right now I'm using the Benefit brow product and it is pretty good.   I am quite self concious about it though and am seriously considering having a makeup artist do the microblading (semi permanent tattoo).  

@LindaSal  Most importantly, hope your health is much better now. I’ve worked w/ chemo patients and instead of trying to draw in each hair on brows, I use brow stencils (easy to find) w/ a med. soft pencil or powder product that  contains gel for staying power. It’s so much faster.

Esteemed Contributor

@Shanus  Thank you.  Yes I am thankfully so much better.  I'm actually out 3 years now from the completion of all of my treatments!  Yay!    The brow pencil I use by Benefit is a soft pencil and I do have the stencils to help me out.  I do okay with it but just would rather not have to deal with it anymore.  I don't wear much makeup and I'm not a good artist so it really has been a learning curve.  My hairstylist is a doll and she did help me get the hang of itSmiley Happy

Respected Contributor

At 55, I was getting a few gray hairs in my light brown sparse brows.  I spoke to my hairstylist who offered to dye them.  I see her monthly, and she said they would have to be dyed every time.  It has made such a difference in my looks!  I had brow hair I didn't even know I had.  Between that and using GrandeBrow (for growth), my brows look the best they have in years.  I still use a pencil to even everything up, but they look so good.  

Honored Contributor

If I wear no make up at all and that is quite often---I ALWAYS do my brows when I go out and about. In 2012, had cancer and chemo and lost EVERY strand of hair on my body------and I looked sick---which I was not!! Just had cancer. Didn't like the way people looked at me with pity, but when I drew in my brows and lined my eyes and put on a pretty hat or scarf----I looked pretty normal. Got darn good at doing my brows too. 

Honored Contributor

@Ainhisgwrote:

At 55, I was getting a few gray hairs in my light brown sparse brows.  I spoke to my hairstylist who offered to dye them.  I see her monthly, and she said they would have to be dyed every time.  It has made such a difference in my looks!  I had brow hair I didn't even know I had.  Between that and using GrandeBrow (for growth), my brows look the best they have in years.  I still use a pencil to even everything up, but they look so good.  

@Ainhisg  Yes. I have the few grey hairs dyed in my brows, too. She matches the color perfectly.

Honored Contributor

I have never emphasized my brows. I have light brown brows that work with my pale blonde hair. I dislike the appearance of brows obviously penciled on. I think the pretty IT rep would look so much better without her drawn on brows. And yes, I have heard all the arguments about a picture without a frame. It just does not apply to me.

Esteemed Contributor

I have long bangs which cover my eyebrows so, fortunately, the brows aren't an issue for me.  

Respected Contributor

Re: IMPORTANCE OF BROWS

[ Edited ]

@LindaSal  Just an FYI.  I had eyeliner put on and also retouched many years ago.  The eyebrows were also discussed at that time, although I never had them done.  What my tattoo artist does is ask you to come in with your eyebrows already "penciled" in they way you would like them to look.  Then she will take a picture so she has a reference when she actually does the tattooing.  I think this is a good idea.  I haven't had much brows since I was in my early 20's, so I really should have it done too.  I look like a moon face until I fill in my brows every morning!

Laura loves cats!