Honored Contributor

Re: IL MAKIAGE (New York) Foundation? Tried it?

@MakeUpMaidn wrote:

@Icegoddess 

From what I remember, you keep going thru "relative colors,"  almost like an Eye Exam  heh. 

ex

I think it starts off the usual way, "which do you look better in, "silver" or "gold".  (I start off baffled here already!  heh)

Then:

ex 

Step 1

Q:   Which of these looks clearer to your eyesight (or in this case, which "foundation color" looks more like your foundation color)?  "A" or "B"

A   You say  "B"

Step 2

Q:   Which of these looks clearer to your eyesight (or in this case, which "foundation color" looks more like your foundation color)?  "B" or "C"

A   You say  "C"

And it keeps going thru a series, like this.  Each step, or comparative test,, more so refines your exact "foundation color," almost to perfecttion!

It seems almost like "magic!"  (to me)

And to me, in the examples of gals who are applying the makeup in that url's commercial, on the brush, to me, it doesnt look like it will match. When she starts applying it to her face, BAM!  Seems to match PERFECTLY,

It's interesting to go thru this on that website.

I'd like to try it, the test, & purchase, but I may need help when it gets to be a more barely, slightly refined color matches.   I may need the help of a neighbor or friend, cause the shades are sooooo close, at the end, (in my "shade blind eyes)

I'm excited to read the various feedbacks.  For instance, i dont remember this on the old QVC.

Honored Contributor

@Judaline wrote:

@MakeUpMaidn wrote:

@Icegoddess 

From what I remember, you keep going thru "relative colors,"  almost like an Eye Exam  heh. 

ex

I think it starts off the usual way, "which do you look better in, "silver" or "gold".  (I start off baffled here already!  heh)

Then:

ex 

Step 1

Q:   Which of these looks clearer to your eyesight (or in this case, which "foundation color" looks more like your foundation color)?  "A" or "B"

A   You say  "B"

Step 2

Q:   Which of these looks clearer to your eyesight (or in this case, which "foundation color" looks more like your foundation color)?  "B" or "C"

A   You say  "C"

And it keeps going thru a series, like this.  Each step, or comparative test,, more so refines your exact "foundation color," almost to perfecttion!

And to me, in the examples of gals who are applying the makeup in that url's commercial, on the brush, to me, it doesnt look like it will match. When she starts applying it to her face, BAM!  Seems to match PERFECTLY,

I'd like to try it, the test, & purchase, but I may need help when it gets to be a more barely, slightly refined color matches.   I may need the help of a neighbor or friend, cause the shades are sooooo close, at the end, (in my "shade blind eyes)

I'm excited to read the various feedbacks.  For instance, i dont remember this on the old QVC.

I wouldn't like the question about 'which looks most like your foundation' or something like that. I don't LIKE my present foundation and that's why I would be taking the 'test.' Would they try and match my present foundation?? That defeats the purpose for me!

I remember I bought the beauty brushes, still have a few. They had great products back then, unique. Who was the blonde host who did a lot of the beauty segments then left to do her own thing?

Super Contributor

I bought the foundation a couple of years ago.  The shade match is absolutely perfect.  The only reason I don't wear it often is that I just don't need that much coverage unless it is a special occasion.  I consider it to be a medium-to-full coverage foundation.  It can always be mixed with a little moisturizer, I suppose, but I don't reach for it every day.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have it on today as a matter of fact, it is one of my favorite foundations.. I wear 1 #140, and it is a perfect match for me....I would also say it is a medium to full coverage..I have Medium Tan skin, with a golden undertone.

I reach for mine often, but I do have other foundations that I like and wear for different reasons.

When I want more coverage, this is the one I reach for, as well as RMS and Lancome Teint Idole.

Honored Contributor

@MakeUpMaidn wrote:

@Icegoddess 

ex

Then:

ex 

Step 1

A   You say  "B"

Step 2

A   You say  "C"

I can't imagine doing that.  I've tried to match my shade on the computer looking at my foundation in the bottle or a drop on my skin, and I can't do it.  Besides the fact that every computer is different, so you may not get an accurate color on your screen, just like on a TV.  

Luckily, I'm pretty happy with what I'm using and I don't need a full coverage foundation.