Honored Contributor

Re: IF YOU HAVE VERY SPARSE EYEBROW HAIR .........

I have NO eyebrows. I lost them when I was 20 yrs old. it was a stupid act on my part, but now I live with OUT eyebrows.

I use MAC eyebrow pencils, this gives me a somewhat realistic looking eye brows.

Usually I don't pencil in eyebrows UNLESS I have to go somewhere special, most people have seen without eyebrows for so long, no one has ever mentioned my non exsistent eye brows.

Honored Contributor

-) Once a week, color using Just For Men hair color (one package lasts forever).

-) As needed, Joan Rivers Great Brow Day

I workout (sweat like iced tea on a hot day!), and these two things allow me to leave my home w/out the thought of makeup...and w/out little children screaming out of fear when they see me without makeup! Smiley Very Happy

Super Contributor

Try Rapidlash. It has really helped to grow my eyebrows back in. I also use Dior brow styler pencil to outline the brows, then Anastacia brow pencil and brow powder to fill in.

Super Contributor

I am blonde with light AND sparse eyebrows. They seem to be getting sparser as I get older (I'm 50).

Here's what I do:

1. Fill in with Maybelline Blonde eyebrow pencil (the red one in the twin pack).

2. With a brow brush, lightly fill in with Bobbi Brown Cement eye shadow.

3. With a brow brush, lightly fill in a little more with Bobbi Brown Blonde eye shadow.

4. Lightly "set" brows with Smashbox Clear eyebrow gel with a brow brush specifically used for the gel. I get the gel at Nordstrom.

Despite my light and sparse brows, I do get compliments on what's there. The last compliment came from a Bobbi Brown makeup artist, which made me feel like I'm doing something right!

Honored Contributor

I have one brow that has no tail because of a childhood accident, and the other one is getting thinner. I've tried everything to try to get the perfect color that stays on (I'm golden blonde).

My new favorite is Anastasia dipbrow pomade. It does not come off until I try to get it off with makeup remover. I've had others that either were the right color but didn't stay on, or stayed on but were the wrong color.

The Sephora nearest me told me they have trouble keeping this in stock. DD likes it too, and she has beautiful brows. Smile

Super Contributor

On 10/24/2014 sidsmom said:

-) Once a week, color using Just For Men hair color (one package lasts forever).

-) As needed, Joan Rivers Great Brow Day

I workout (sweat like iced tea on a hot day!), and these two things allow me to leave my home w/out the thought of makeup...and w/out little children screaming out of fear when they see me without makeup! Smiley Very Happy

LOL! I thought I was the only female who sweat like that!! I only put brows on also when I'm working out, as I will sweat off everything else. Never found an eye liner that can withstand my heavy perspiration. Other women have a "dewey glow" from working out. I look like I just came out of the shower...dripping wet.

Some people do drugs. I do shoes....Celine Dion
Respected Contributor

I have very sparse light eyebrows and always have. No medical condition caused it just the way it is. I have mine professionally waxed and then just use Gimmebrow by Benefit and I look like I have perfect brows.

Esteemed Contributor

I would gladly donate some of mine! (including the gray) My hairdresser trims them.

My husband doesn't have any brows left. I'm not sure if it really bothers him, but until he brought it to my attention I didn't even notice it. I don't mean to minimize your plight - there are numerous things I don't like about my appearance.

Cogito ergo sum
Contributor

I have been using Benefit Gimme Brow and like it very much. I also have sparse brows.

Esteemed Contributor

On 10/24/2014 valeriecherish said:

Try Rapidlash. It has really helped to grow my eyebrows back in. I also use Dior brow styler pencil to outline the brows, then Anastacia brow pencil and brow powder to fill in.

Where do I buy Rapidlash please, and how long did it take?