Trusted Contributor

Re: ICELAND COLLECTION: Does OPI Infinite Shine Need Special Top Coats?

@jaxs mom Especially due to the "gel" ingredients, I would minimize contact with skin. As the final step in a manicure it's always best to clean off any polish that has gotten on the skin. Believe it or not, one of the safest solvents is plain old 100% acetone. While it's drying, the risk of allergic reaction is minimal. Any reaction is much more likely due to whatever has been disolved in it. Use of a good quality cuticle oil around your nail does a good job of counteracting any dryness.

Cotton swabs will work, particularly the pointy ended ones. A lot of ladies swear by the e.l.f. slanted brow brushes since they can be purchased cheaply. However, the acetone does destroy the bristles fairly quickly. Some shapes of nail art brushes work. I'm still using a "DL Professional French Manicure Clean-Up Brush" I bought on Amazon maybe 3 years ago. I recently purchased a "Fab Ur Nails Angular Kolinsky Clean Up Brush" from Beautometry. It is exactly the shape I had been looking for. Time will tell how well it holds up.