Super Contributor

I would love to find a new, soft beachy fragrance.

I am a bit sensitive to fragrance. I really like Pure Grace and Amazing Grace. I like the Fresh Cream spray, but I don't like the lotion or gel. I tried Summer Grace, but it smells really strong to me. When I saw the new Sunny Grace product, I couldn't wait to try it. Some of the reviews said that is smelled beachy, sort of like coppertone. Well, it just arrived and to me smells nothing like the beach or suntan lotion.

It is very, very strong. Some of the reviews complained about it not lasting, but my goodness, if it were any stronger, I am afraid it would give me a migraine. There is a strong note in it that is similar to one in Baby Grace. I so much wanted to love Baby Grace, but to me it was much too strong to smell like a baby. I would love to identify the strong note so that I can avoid it. I just want a beach like scent that is soft and mild like Pure and Amazing Grace. Has anyone discovered such a scent?

Super Contributor

Re: I would love to find a new, soft beachy fragrance.

Do you like honey and coconut scents?

I just got a nice, soft fragrance from Ulta. It's called Love + Toast. There were some other scents too, the one I got is Honey and Coconut. It's very soft and spring-like, I think.

Frequent Contributor

Jennifer Aniston's perfume is exactly what you are looking for.

Super Contributor

Maybe sample some of the scents from the CLEAN line.
Contributor

Have you tried Bobbi Brown's Beach? It is one of my faves! I am a migraine sufferer and am SUPER sensitive to most scents. It is one of the few I can wear without it giving me a headache. It's become my spring/summer go-to scent. Hope you find one you love!!
Super Contributor

I like Bobbi Brown Beach for summer too. I wear some others too but for a beachy fragrance, that's the one I like.

I get migraines also and there are several different fragrances I can wear, that is one of them.

Respected Contributor

On 4/12/2014 imaclotheshog said:

I like Bobbi Brown Beach for summer too. I wear some others too but for a beachy fragrance, that's the one I like.

I get migraines also and there are several different fragrances I can wear, that is one of them.

Please tell us what others you can wear. So far, I've only found Burberry (original). I'd love to hear about others that would work for those of us with sensitivities.

Valued Contributor

I LOVE Bobbi Brown Beach. I especially love the lotion b/c for me, the scent really lingers and is just the right amount of scent. Don't get me wrong, I Love the EDT, too. But the lotion is a nice alternative. I know that Pittsburgh Street Soapworks has a dupe that's very good. I have only tried PSS one time and I don't know if I'll ever re-order, but I really like this dupe the best.

Honored Contributor

I like Inis. I first saw it on the Irish shows, but would never buy a perfume without smelling it first. Last summer I was in a gift shop near my summer home and they had a sample. Smelled it, loved it, bought it. It absolutely reminds me of the sea.

Super Contributor

Thanks for all the suggestions. I will definitely smell them in person before ordering any more.