Honored Contributor

Re: I wore false eyelashes for the first time...

@JeanLouiseFinch 

That's why I use the extra hold glue

Honored Contributor

@amyb 

If you are interested in false lashes, you need to go to WM or similar and look for a syle you like.  As long as I've been wearing them it's hard for me to look on line and choose one.  Sometimes it's a hit and sometime it isn't.

I have really good luck with the Extra Hold Kiss lash glue I get on Amazon.

The 80s was my first try with false lashes too.  I was a new mom in 1981 and it was an attempt at shortening my "getting ready" time Smiley Happy  At some point the glue ate at and pull out ALL MY LONG THICK LASHES (sigh).  My lashes were my signature look Smiley Surprised  They touched my eyebrows with mascara on.  Now they're all gone.  I had to let them grow back out and never looked at a pair of lashes again till about a year and a half ago when my natural lashes started to thin and not grow as long.

Honored Contributor

Handled carefully and cleaned, a pair of lashes can last 5-10 uses.  Don't go to bed with them.  Well if you slept on your back I guess you could  but it's not recommended.  I sleep on my side and have ruined a few by crunching them up Smiley Sad  Some I can salvage, some I can't or maybe don't want to go to the trouble because they're about ready for the trash anyway.  Long lashes can really open the eye!  Short lashes on hooded eyes are, imo, a no-no.

Honored Contributor

@CAcableGirl2 

You can carefully pick the glue off.  You can use lash glue remover or you can get a couple of wears out of them without removing the glue.  More than that and it will look clumpy and you can SEE the glue.  This is what I use.  Get it at WM

Kiss Falscara Eyelash Remover | Ulta Beauty

Honored Contributor

Good point @Dusty1 !  Yes, some people will need to trim their lashes to fit and ALWAYS trim from the outside!

Honored Contributor

I really think that one can get great quality lashes and glue from the drugstore. 

@wvumountiefan  Absolutely!  I see these $25/pair lashes on line and there is no way I'd pay that for one pair of lashes Smiley Surprised    I remember when I first started wearing them, my husband and I were at Texas Roadhouse for dinner. I had my head down looking at the menu and when I looked up to talk to the waitress she gasped and said "OMG, your eyes are BEAUTIFUL!"  So yeah, try to catch me without false lashes ever again LOL

Honored Contributor

@lulu1 

I haven't had the courage to try those yet.  Probably won't since the selection would be so limited.  But...isn't there a way to make any type of lash a magnetic one now?  Maybe I'm dreaming.

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 

You mean you DON'T like these??? (g)  I can't imagine why!

Extreme times call for extreme eye lashes | Beauty | The Guardian

Spider Eyelashes - Black

Honored Contributor

@SurferWife 

No, not really.  It would be best if you went to the store and looked to see what you liked.  I started out with demi whispies but my eyes are too hooded and I needed something with more length.  They're cheap.  Grab 2 or 3 of different lengths and thicknesses.

Honored Contributor

Google can help you decide which style lash looks best on the type of eye you have.  But I think it's a trial and error thing.  Was for me.