Honored Contributor

Re: I wore false eyelashes for the first time...

@teganslaw wrote:

I have worn mascara in the past, mostly Maybelline. Do false eyelashes work better than mascara? Isn't there a chance the glue could get in your eyes and irritate them? I don't think I'm going that route myself. 

@teganslaw  -  Eyelashes work better than mascara.  There's no smudging, etc with lashes and they last until you take them off.   There's no way the glue can get in your eyes.  It's not runny and when you apply it to the band, it sticks to the band.

Respected Contributor

This is an interesting topic.  I've never tried false eyelashes, but am interested in any brands and/or glue brands that others have used that is easy to apply.

By the way, do you just wash the glue off and re-use the lashes?  Or have some sort of way to get rid of the glue once you've used them?  Honestly, I have no idea. 

......You look like I need a drink.....
Respected Contributor

It will be fun to hear monicakm's recs.

Ardell makes nice lashes that are inexpensive & you can get them most anywhere. A variety of looks, too. Dramatic or subtle.

You can trim lashes to fit your eye, if you need to. Trim the outside edge, not the inner edge.

You can also get sets that have just a few lashes, instead of a complete strip. I used to use those & just apply to my outer lashes for some fullness.

I think Duo brand adhesvie is the best known brand. I have a small tube of that, but I see that they also make an applicator with a felt tip brush to make it easier to apply the adhesive to the strip. It's listed on Ulta as Ardell Rosewater & Biotin Striplash Adhesive, but the brand is Duo.

You can peel the adhesvie off after wearing them, for reuse. You have to be careful with them. Some brands are better for reuse than others. I would rather get cheaper ones & if I damage them I don't feel bad throwing them away.

Use Duo adhesive. Apply it all along the band of the lash & I don't think you will have to worry about it coming off.

Respected Contributor

I mastered false lashes with Emily Noel’s tutorial on YouTube. I agree, after a shallow learning curve, lashes are faster than mascara.
Respected Contributor

I like the KISS brand strip lashes and the trios to apply on my outer lash line. I have used the DUO and KISS brand lash adhesive and like both. I’ve also used the House of Lashes adhesive and it’s really great also. KISS and DUO lash glue IMO is just as good. 

I don’t wear lashes often but I love the look of them. I really think that one can get great quality lashes and glue from the drugstore. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have Tori Belle Magnetic Illusion Magnetic Eyelashes. There is a slight learning curve but once mastered, easy peasy.

Honored Contributor

@San Antonio Gal    Not referring to your experience as I'm sure yours were tasteful, but I think this fad for huge, spidery eyelashes has to be one of the most riduculous and distasteful trends I've seen in my lifetime.  I can't even stand to look at a face wearing them.  They're repulsive. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@San Antonio Gal and/or @monicakm 

This sounds like fun! I need to give in & try them.  Any suggestions for lashes for beginners?

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Honored Contributor

I have wondered about the new magnetic lashes where they adhere to the supplied eyeliner.  However, I'm afraid of looking ridiculous with my small, round eyes.  I'm sure I would probably have to cut them down some.  

Honored Contributor

I also wanted to try them.  A few years ago I purchased the magnetic ones...what  a joke!  I just couldn't get them right.

As for the kind with the glue, I'm thinking of getting small half strips for the outer part of my eyes.  Full strips would just be too much for me..

@San Antonio Gal   Your post has given me the incentive to give it a try again.  Would love to hear more tips that anyone can offer.

TIA!