Honored Contributor

Re: I wonder if there is a more up to date hairstyle for ladies over 60.

@teainlondon@qualitygalWhen your hair is straight and not thick you need to use product on your hair to give it volume,  thickness or both.  My hair is normal thickness but I still need a little help and use Aquage spray gel on damp hair and it does thicken my hair.  The bottle lasts a long time and the gel spray is a mist not thick.  It rinses out with only water so no build up.  You can also use some volume foam at the roots.  So you apply the products on damp hair and blow dry.  My hair is short in layers.  I stopped perming my hair in my late 20's.  It does damage the hair (dries it out).  Good luck to both of you.  Cat Very Happy

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor

@hyacinth003 wrote:

@fourpaws56 wrote:

I have worn my  hair like this for thirty years, I will be 62 in May..., it always looks nice...good luck with your hair :-)

Image result for jaclyn smith haircut

This particular photo looks like a wig.

Hyacinth

It IS a wig. I've seen it in my wig catalogue when going through chemo.  There are much better looking wigs than this one.  I would always suggest to go shorter with a wig, even if you wore your hair longer.

Honored Contributor

I have THE straightest hair and THE thinnest hair on the planet. I'm 63. I've always worn my skimpy hair in variations of a pixie. My best way is how I'm wearing it now, very, very short and longer on top. I have it colored (my newest shade is jet black!) and spike it on top with bangs. I get compliments all the time. Back in the stone age days I used to get perms too. Yuck. No way would I ever perm my hair now! Its definitely NOT the style. Woman Happy

"Pure Michigan"
Respected Contributor

@fourpaws56 wrote:

I have worn my  hair like this for thirty years, I will be 62 in May..., it always looks nice...good luck with your hair :-)

I love this haircut. Do you bring this picture to the salon? What do you ask for? this is just such a classic look.

Respected Contributor

@hyacinth003 wrote:

@fourpaws56 wrote:

This particular photo looks like a wig.

Hyacinth

This is a wig sold by Jaclyn Smith