Contributor

I wish vendor would use mascara models with normal length eyelashes

Some of the models who model mascara have unusually long lashes - are we supposd to think if we use their mascara ours will look like that?  QVC have your vendors use models with shorter lashes so we can really see what the product can do.  Both desiree and Marissa from IT do not have long lashes yet the never model the mascara on themselves.  Ellen is the only one who most of us can relate to please use some of the others with shorter lashes.

Honored Contributor

Re: I wish vendor would use mascara models with normal length eyelashes

@Ginidoll  Most vendors tend to use the models with the hideous, long lashes.  Personally, I would NOT want my lashes to be that long and spidery.  It definitely is not appealing.  It would be best if models with average lashes are used to demonstrate their mascara product.  Cat Very Happy

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Ginidollwrote:

Some of the models who model mascara have unusually long lashes - are we supposd to think if we use their mascara ours will look like that?  QVC have your vendors use models with shorter lashes so we can really see what the product can do.  Both desiree and Marissa from IT do not have long lashes yet the never model the mascara on themselves.  Ellen is the only one who most of us can relate to please use some of the others with shorter lashes.

@Ginidoll

Thats an excellent suggestion!  Even on the mascara commercials for Revlon, Maybelline etc etc there is a disclaimer on the screen indicating when the model is wearing false eyelashes which I suspect some of the Q models wear also.... I would email or put this on Q's Facebook Page...GREAT SUGGESTION!

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

I do too. Most of the models probably are using something for their eyelashes to make them grow....Even if they are not, who in their everyday life wants to walk around with spidery, super long lashes. I don't! Especially at my age, just having nice long, lush lashes are good.....  

Esteemed Contributor

I think that the models all have eyelash extensions so that when you see them without mascara, it doesn't mean that it's all their own eyelashes which is why their before eyelashes look so long.

Honored Contributor

I think they are all using Latisse or one of those prescription products.

Respected Contributor

Some of the models have lashes that freak me out. And yes, the vendors and hosts all act like it's the mascara giving them those lashes. Nope, sorry, that's a growth serum. You can tell by the way they look and curl.

When I was using an eyelash growth serum, my lashes started to get that that long, spidery look and I stopped using the serum.They also started to curl like that. It looked like flower petals curling open and back around my eyes. I compared with some eyelash serum before and after pictures and they had those same  I had to trim my lower lashes with a pair of manicure scissors! That was just too much. 

Not my eyes, but here are some before and after shots that resemble my results. My lashes would curl like that without any curler or curling mascara, like they're crawling back away from the eye.
Image result for eyelash growth serum before and after

Image result for eyelash growth serum before and after

Respected Contributor

The young woman who demoed the IT mascara earlier today has super long lashes. I find them distracting and odd, not aspirational!

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@depglassand @Alison Wonderland

I'm with you on the models using Latisse or generic of Latisse or other lash growth products.

I used it two times in my life.

Gave me burning feeling/stinging on the eyelid edges and I had to stop, but I did see length not as much fullness.

So later on, in my 50's I tried it again, generic Lastisse drops this time..less stinging.

I had very long lashes when using a few months but didn't care for that look, so I stopped. I wear glasses too and it hit glass on them..it was just a little silly when I applied my mascara..too long! Not natural and not me.

When I see a few of the models esp. the one with dark hair they use her a lot for mascara I can see it's that spidery and Lastisse-looking...I can just tell. Sometimes I feel like saying "trim them!!!"

My son went to Heaven 4/15/2018
I love and miss him so very much. God Bless you my dear Nicky
Honored Contributor

I agree--looks like spider legs most times altho its mostly to show how long you can get them by piling on the goo---I have hardly any lashes due to chemo --they never did grow back like before, for me. If you can SEE my lashes just a little, after using mascara, then that is a successful mascara for me. I did know a young lady that had the longest lashes I had ever seen on a person--were over a 3/8 of an inch long--yes, she measured them. she didn't wear any eye make up either--amazing.