Valued Contributor

Re: I willl not be able to shower or bath for 5 to 7 days

@I am still oxox wrote:

I am the OP and I am truly upset by some of the answers, I am having a procedure done and will have a bandage on back that I can not get wet

@I am still oxox  - I had back surgery twice last year.  I was in the hospital four days each time.  I was able to shower after being home for just a day or two.  I just washed what I could at the bathroom sink before then.  

Sending good thoughts for quick healing Heart

Esteemed Contributor

@monicakm wrote:

@Sage04 

I hate showers but had to shower for like 5 days before my surgery and about a month after.  I wasn't doing anything and the weather was cool so I'd go 3 days in between showers (I do have a dual temp bidet) BUT when I did take one, as much as I dislike them, it felt soooo nice to be clean.  My extra deep air tub is wonderful.  Kinda hard to get out of till last night.  I'm making progress Smiley Happy

@monicakm  isn't that something? I prefer showers. I've tried baths (I really did). After about 10 minutes, I had to get out. For some reason I never had the patience to stay in. My husband would just laugh and say most women loves baths. Oh how I wish I did.

Honored Contributor

@Sage04 

Maybe it's how one grows up.  My grandmother bathed.  My mother does.  I do and my daughter and granddaughter do.

Esteemed Contributor

I prefer showers. Before I was married I lived in a small apartment that had a shower but no bathtub. Since then I got out of the habit of bathing. Maybe once in a great while I'll bathe, but not often. 

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Valued Contributor

Wayyy back, in the Dark Ages, several occupational careers ago, I used to be a Nurse, (before I "burned out.").  My Doctor, Boss, who was a retired Navy Captain, (*very* rough around the edges, & NEVER held back his opinion)  ... said that "taking a bath, is like 'marinating in your own juices.'"

Well darn, .. even that didnt take the luxurious feeling away, occasionally, soaking in a nicely scented, quite bubbled bath, .. even at length, while adding more hot water, as the bath water cooled. 

...  BUT, I always take a shower/shampoo afterwards, as the bubble bath water drains, to "wash off those 'marinated juices,'" along with the soaked, softened & cast off dead skin," from my body (& the tub). 

...  Works for me, (after all, *I'm* the one who pays the water bill, ... and, .. it's an occasional luxury).  And my body, AND MOOD.. are usually, totally changed... purged!!

But THIS is just me. ... JUST ME!   I have NO opinion on others!

Feelings are simply human
How we deal with, ..or express those feelings .. is our choice
. ~ . Please be kind . ~ .

Respected Contributor

When I had surgery, I used Beekman Body Wipes. They really helped. I used them on my face too.

Respected Contributor

I saw this on QVC last night and thought I would share this as a option when unable to get in shower. 

SCRUBZZ Rinse Free 75pc Bath Single Use Shower Sponge

https://www.qvc.com/SCRUBZZ-Rinse-Free-75pc-Bath-Single-Use-Shower-Sponge.product.M71291.html?sc=IRO...

Honored Contributor

@Iwantcoffee 

Cool.  I just bought a pack of 25.  Thank you!   Bought the other (liquid) product that someone posted last week too.  

Honored Contributor

@TwinkleBell 

In case I didn't mention it (this is a long thread and I've bought 3 of the products mentioned in it) I bought these for my husband to take to work and suggested he store them  in his cooler Smiley Happy  Thanks!