Trusted Contributor

Re: I willl not be able to shower or bath for 5 to 7 days

@Pink123 wrote:

I was in the hospital for 40 days last year after a major surgery that went horribly wrong.  

They gave me "Secura".  It is a "no rinse" cleaning spray and couldn't be easier.

I put it on a damp washcloth and use over entire body.  It's especially good for your personal parts.  After I got home I still could not shower for months and so I continued to use Secura.  I purchase it on Amazon.

I have very sensitive skin and never had a reaction which I have to others as I'm allergic to aloe.  It works like a dream and you will be  so fresh and clean.

I'm going to Europe for 3 weeks and am bringing a bottle with me.  It's great and I prefer it to soap.  Good luck!

Here's a pic:  I buy the 3 pack.

51cFv+9rhNL._SL1250_.jpg

@Pink123 @I know you describe this product as no rinse, but do you get in the shower to use and do you use this on a daily basis or just when bathing is an issue?

Trusted Contributor

@LuvSoCal wrote:

@Pink123 wrote:

I was in the hospital for 40 days last year after a major surgery that went horribly wrong.  

They gave me "Secura".  It is a "no rinse" cleaning spray and couldn't be easier.

I put it on a damp washcloth and use over entire body.  It's especially good for your personal parts.  After I got home I still could not shower for months and so I continued to use Secura.  I purchase it on Amazon.

I have very sensitive skin and never had a reaction which I have to others as I'm allergic to aloe.  It works like a dream and you will be  so fresh and clean.

I'm going to Europe for 3 weeks and am bringing a bottle with me.  It's great and I prefer it to soap.  Good luck!

51cFv+9rhNL._SL1250_.jpg

@Pink123 @I know you describe this product as no rinse, but do you get in the shower to use and do you use this on a daily basis or just when bathing is an issue?

I could get in the shower now and use it if I wanted to.  However, I don't as I get blowouts twice a week and prefer to keep my hair dry. lol.  I damp the cloth now, spray on the product and put it on my body.  I do like to take a hot bath and just sit in the water for a bit before or after I clean with Secura.  It's really good, especially those for sensitive rash prone skin.  I lived with dove sensitive for years with quick in and out showers but now prefer this. My skin is clear, yay.

Honored Contributor

I couldn't get my bandage wet for 5 days after a MOHS procedure on my upper back.  

I still showered the front of my body and used the personal hand held device to control the water.  Never had a problem.  

Trucker daughter makes 7-9 day runs across the US, and is happy to get 2-3 showers in 9 days.  The rest of the time she uses baby wipes to stay clean.  

Trusted Contributor

@Pook wrote:

@LizzieInSRQ wrote:

@Pook ask yourself why this thread upsets you so much, and then get a hold of yourself, my goodness.

@Shanus ...really? And to think I adore ya. 

@LizzieInSRQ   Ask yourself why would anyone be so rude as to post such things? Then get a grip and be more understanding!  OP is probably like I was and wants to be as prepared as she can be!  

She's an ADULT and should be able to figure it out. IF NOT, she should ask her doctor what to do.

Honored Contributor

There is nothing wrong with what the op posted. I never have seen so many rude people as there are lately on these boards. @layla2450 . 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@I am still oxox wrote:

I can figure out what to do with my arm pits but the netheer regions are another thing. Any solutions to my problem. Thanks all

@I am still oxox 

Okay, I give up .... are you having surgery .... or are you going camping?   

(Asking because you put it in Beauty rather than Wellness, so I wasn't sure this could possibly be surgery)

Honored Contributor

@I am still oxox - I'm just seeing this and you received some great suggestions. I had minor back surgery last October, but I also couldn't get my bandages wet. 

I take a lot of showers and the thought of not doing that for a week just terrified me. I took a shower and washed my hair right before we left. I had to stay in bed two days anyway, then I could get up and around. I slept a lot. I didn't worry about my hair. I pulled it up in a high ponytail and forgot about it.

I didn't get dressed all week. DH had to change my bandages. My stitches were the ones that dissolve. 

I took sponge baths with Beekman soap. I used two washcloths, one for soaping and one for rinsing. I probably could have just used one, but using two made me think that was better!

When I was at the end of the week the incision was still sore. I took my shower, but I faced front instead of my usual back. DH put a fresh bandage on. A few more days and I didn't need the bandage any more. I could go back to normal!

I hope your surgery goes well and you get to rest pain free. Just take it easy and don't try to do too much too soon!  Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

@Pink123 wrote:

@LuvSoCal wrote:

@Pink123 wrote:

51cFv+9rhNL._SL1250_.jpg

I could get in the shower now and use it if I wanted to.  However, I don't as I get blowouts twice a week and prefer to keep my hair dry. lol.  I damp the cloth now, spray on the product and put it on my body.  I do like to take a hot bath and just sit in the water for a bit before or after I clean with Secura.  It's really good, especially those for sensitive rash prone skin.  I lived with dove sensitive for years with quick in and out showers but now prefer this. My skin is clear, yay.

@Pink123  Thank you for the info you shared.  I totally get the hair issue.  I get a shampoo/blowdry/style once a week at the salon and do the same for myself once a week.  I'm very careful when showering or washing my face so I don't ruin it.

I, also, have sensitive skin and this product sounds really good.  I will give it a try.

Hope you have a wonderful trip to Europe!

Honored Contributor

OP, from someone who just had surgery (knee replacement), take care, follow directions (Dr's not ours) and enjoy the drugs while you can LOL

All I remember the first 8 days is my husband helping me to the table for breakfast.  That's all I would eat.  The only direction I didn't follow was allowing my dog on the bed with me.  I don't know if they were afraid of infection or him jumping on my knee.  DH kept him at bay.  No way could I go that long with my Dingo.

Trusted Contributor

@I am still oxox ,

First of all, just ignore all the ignorant mean girl comments.  

Next, I think the type of product you are looking for is a rinse free perineal cleanser.  This type of cleanser is designed for incontinenance cleaning and is gentle on the nether regions.  With a rinse free cleanser, you won't have to deal with soap and washcloths, you can use this type of cleanser with disposable wipes.  Much more convenient when recovering from surgery.

There is a Carewell website that has all sorts of products for caregivers to use that you might find helpful, such as rinse free body washes and shampoos.  And, obviously, Amazon has a slew of these products once you know what to look for.