Valued Contributor

Re: I willl not be able to shower or bath for 5 to 7 days

I'm sorry, but you made yourself sound not  ridiculous, but more like ignorant and I am sure you aren't,

However ,if your nose runs, you blow it, if you pee, you wipe it, and so on/

I would rather have given you well wishes on your recovery, than explain , like others did, how to take a wash cloth to wash your arm pits.

I hope you do feel better both mentally and physically very soon.

Esteemed Contributor

Bird baths

Honored Contributor

@Pink123 wrote:

I was in the hospital for 40 days last year after a major surgery that went horribly wrong.  

They gave me "Secura".  It is a "no rinse" cleaning spray and couldn't be easier.

I put it on a damp washcloth and use over entire body.  It's especially good for your personal parts.  After I got home I still could not shower for months and so I continued to use Secura.  I purchase it on Amazon.

I have very sensitive skin and never had a reaction which I have to others as I'm allergic to aloe.  It works like a dream and you will be  so fresh and clean.

I'm going to Europe for 3 weeks and am bringing a bottle with me.  It's great and I prefer it to soap.  Good luck!

Here's a pic:  I buy the 3 pack.

51cFv+9rhNL._SL1250_.jpg

@Pink123    I don't see this product or anything related to it on Amazon.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 

I purchased a single bottle today on Amazon.  Type this in the Amazon search bar

Secura Personal Cleanser, 8 oz

Honored Contributor

Honestly, if I was going to have a surgery on my back and knew I'd be able to step into the shower still--I would.  Just to be washed from below bandage down (and legs shaved!).

If you don't have a hand held sprayer (and I don't), I'd get one.  If you can't bend, have your husband help you.

I would make sure I was squeaky clean on my way to surgery, too.  Some people may roll out of bed early and just head to the hospital without showering, I definitely would shower until the 11th hour!  (I'd probably show up at the hospital still dripping wet!)

If a shower isn't an option because of your mobility, I'd opt for soap and warm water in a brand new dishpan.  Using wipes just doesn't sit well with me and I don't even know why.  Soap and warm water.  Ask the husband to change it several times.  Luckily it will be warm and you won't freeze taking a sponge bath like maybe in the dead of winter.

Good luck and prayers to you for your upcoming procedure.  Please let us know how you're doing when you can.

Honored Contributor

@monicakm wrote:

@Kachina624 

I purchased a single bottle today on Amazon.  Type this in the Amazon search bar

Secura Personal Cleanser, 8 oz

@monicakm    Thanks, I found it but you can't just use "Secura".

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Kachina, @monicakm  thanks for your help.  On Amazon I'm sure there are many names for a product until you name the category.  I was at a top hospital in the US twice this past year and believe me it's the best.  I will probably use it for many years to come and eliminate dove soap and just use this. 

My rash prone skin is clear.  I guess sometimes very bad situations turns to good in some faction thank God.

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

@I am still oxox 

...   Thanks to you for initiating this thread!!!...

...  when I posted the info for u (on a prior entry above), for the THERADERM FILM (by 3M) .. #1626W ..(4" x 4 3/4").  ....

...    I noticed on Amz, only one vendor, with good feedback, was offering a pkg of 50 for $20, (marked down fr $25)!  .. So I snagged several boxes from them! 

@I am still oxox   ... I know better then to get low on supply, & was procrastinating ordering -> until you brought up this thread.  THANKS!!!

--->  OHHH.. this Amz vendor has A/D  - even less expensive!! DONE!!

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

-->   (Now, what Beauty items can I buy with my $15 savings here?   heh!!

How 'bout:

A441448 - Doll 10 Complexion Enhancing Palettehttps://qvc.scene7.com/is/image/QVC/a/48/a441448.001?$aempdlarge$

Feelings are simply human
How we deal with, ..or express those feelings .. is our choice
. ~ . Please be kind . ~ .

Trusted Contributor

@monicakm  Yes Patrick Mahomes did indeed tie the knot.

I'm glad you ordered a bottle to try.  You might smell a bit of cinammon but it is not offensive and dissapates quickly. 

I'm going to Spain, Austria and Germany.  I just want to exercise now as much as I can and be at my best healthwise phyisically for the trip after this past  year.

Never give up.

Honored Contributor

@LizzieInSRQ wrote:

@Pook wrote:

@LizzieInSRQ wrote:

@Pook ask yourself why this thread upsets you so much, and then get a hold of yourself, my goodness.

@Shanus ...really? And to think I adore ya. 

@LizzieInSRQ   Ask yourself why would anyone be so rude as to post such things? Then get a grip and be more understanding!  OP is probably like I was and wants to be as prepared as she can be!  

Apparently ive miscomprehended your post. I thought you were saying to quit posting to the OP needing attention. 

Apparently after reading a few times over you were saying quit posting that the OP needs attention.

My apologies and thank you for sticking up for her.

@LizzieInSRQ  - Until I read this post, I also thought @Pook  was telling everything to stop posting because the OP just wanted attention.  It's easy to misinterpret that first sentence!