Trusted Contributor

Re: I willl not be able to shower or bath for 5 to 7 days

@monicakm 

Maybe she did!  it's much nicer expression than I used to say. LOL

Esteemed Contributor

@Pook wrote:
 OP is probably like I was and wants to be as prepared as she can be!  

That's how I took the question. So many people on this board are quite helpful about issues that come up and there were many products and types of products I had never heard of before. Other than the snark, I thought this was a helpful thread for anyone who may be having issues w/ showering/bathing.

Good luck on your surgery. May your pain be low and your recovery quick. 

"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."
Honored Contributor

@TwinkleBell 

These look nice.  I'd love to have something like this on hand for emergencies but I'm afraid they would dry up before they were needed.  

I had time to think of things I might need and browse Amazon before my surgery.  Found a few helpful things that made recovery less painful.  I'm putting these in my save for later folder on Amazon.

Honored Contributor

@TwinkleBell 

I just ordered these for my husband.  He can use them out on his construction sites.  Thank you!  I'll suggest he keep them in his cooler.

Esteemed Contributor

Dial soap  is good to prevent skin yeast infections in  various private areas  where one sweats

Valued Contributor

@I am still oxox  I am glad you posted today since I had not seen any posts from you in a while.  I'm glad you're fine and hope that your procedure goes well.

I agree with @GenXmuse  to apply the workable suggestions that many have given you.  I might add that if you are able, those personal hand held shower attachments are wonderful. You can easily focus the water spray where you need it.  Please post updates when you can. I hope your healing goes as planned and you feel better soon.

Valued Contributor

@I am still oxox wrote:

I am the OP and I am truly upset by some of the answers, I am having a procedure done and will have a bandage on back that I can not get wet

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

@I am still oxox  

Okay... Am taking the following suggestion in a very different direction (than the "wet wipes," or "waterless wash wipes.")

I wear a 7 day "Pain Patch" that can not get wet!

....   So, I wear a CLEAR, "adhesive" Patch Protective cover (called "TEGADERM FILM"  by 3M) over my "7 day Pain Patch." (see pic below)

... There's a whole bunch of sizes available.  I wear a # 1626W which measures 4" x 4 3/4" (see pic below).   I usually get mine on ebay, but other places seem to have them also.

Using this "TEGADERM FILM (by 3M)," clear, protective, patch cover ....  my patch underneath NEVER GETS WET! ..it's THAT GOOD! 

.. And it's been put to the test, thru pre-COVID hours of swimming pool classes, & laps, numerous times a week, and still, NO LEAK!

...  Now.. It's tricky to apply, (in that it's almost magnetic when it comes near to yr skin to apply, so I suggest u seek help, for application, esp to cover the back, for instance).

AGAIN, GOOD LUCK @I am still oxox ..

...   and hope u are able to work thru all this for a speedy recovery.  WE ALL WANT THIS FOR YOU!!  ..

.. Pls consider letting us know how ur doing.  We're pulling for ya!   Heart

Feelings are simply human
How we deal with, ..or express those feelings .. is our choice
. ~ . Please be kind . ~ .

Honored Contributor

@skatting44 wrote:

Dial soap  is good to prevent skin yeast infections in  various private areas  where one sweats

@skatting44    I was advised to bathe with Dial before my last TKR surgery.  No problem, as I've used it my whole life.  It's anti-bacterial.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Pook wrote:

@LizzieInSRQ wrote:

@Pook ask yourself why this thread upsets you so much, and then get a hold of yourself, my goodness.

@Shanus ...really? And to think I adore ya. 

@LizzieInSRQ   Ask yourself why would anyone be so rude as to post such things? Then get a grip and be more understanding!  OP is probably like I was and wants to be as prepared as she can be!  

Apparently ive miscomprehended your post. I thought you were saying to quit posting to the OP needing attention. 

Apparently after reading a few times over you were saying quit posting that the OP needs attention.

My apologies and thank you for sticking up for her.

Honored Contributor

@teganslaw 

No, I've never met him.  I just consider him a friend since he's a high school friend of a business associate that IS a friend Smiley Happy  That makes us friends by 2 degrees of separation.  I'm friends with Johnny Depp by 3 degrees of separation (g)  Not that I'm terribly proud of that right now Smiley Surprised  Oh and Burt Reynolds by two degrees of separation Smiley Wink