Trusted Contributor

I was out of my tinted moisturizer and then I cut open the tube!

And now I have another week's worth of product! I was out of my Paula's Choice Resist SPF 30 tinted moisturizer in a tube and I squeezed it and bent it and squeezed it some more and nothing came out. Then I decided to cut the tube open to see what else was left in there. Boy was I surprised! I had to find a jar to put it in. I'm glad I can get some more use out of the product though. Any other tube cutters out there?

*QVC Community member since 10/24/2006*
Super Contributor

Re: I was out of my tinted moisturizer and then I cut open the tube!

Yes. I can tell stuff is still in there!
Honored Contributor

Like finding money, isn't it?

I would've just stuck the opened tube in a zip lock sandwich bag.

Frequent Contributor

Yes, I do it all the time with cleansers, hand lotions, any beauty products in a tube. And then like Lucky Charm mentioned, I put the tube in a zip lock bag. I hate to throw something out if I know there is still quite a bit of product in there!

Honored Contributor

Yes. I do it all the time. My sister said she was going to run out of her Emerita Pro-Gest before she received her order in the mail. I told her to cut the tube in half & she would get another 7-10 days use out of it. She did & could not believe it. LOL!!! It's a money saver for sure.

Super Contributor

YUP---I always do that---if I like the product! Some I can't wait to toss!

Contributor

Another tube cutter here!

I cut the very end off and fold that end over a few times then clip with a metal binder clip. Keeps the product fresh while still being readily accessible.

As I continue to scrape the product out, I keep cutting the end down some, then fold over a few times and clip again.

Works like a charm!

It's not the cost of the product that concerns me....I just like to get my money's worth!

Super Contributor

Yes, I do that and can usually get 2-3 weeks extra use.
Honored Contributor

I know, crazy to think if you just threw it out without cutting it open, all the product you'd waste! I was about to toss my Missha tube because nothing was coming out of the pump but I could feel more stuff in the tube. Popped open the top of the tube (it is this weird metal pump on the tube that doesn't just twist off, have to use pliers) and wow there is TONS left in it!

Contributor

Me too, I just finished using my Bobbi Brown Tinted Moisturizer that way!! That is so funny you mention that. I too cut the tube and put it in a snack size zip bag, keeps it fresh. And yes there was a lot in there. So funny.{#emotions_dlg.thumbup1}