Honored Contributor

I was looking at a photo today of Mika Brzensky ...

and decided I may let my hair grow in a little then try a cut like her's. Mine has layers now so they'll have to grow out but I have the same poker straight hair she has. I also like swept to the side bangs like her's. Yep, that is what I'm going to go for. A sleek, straight but still pretty & feminine & modern style.

Honored Contributor

Re: I was looking at a photo today of Mika Brzensky ...

I was just showing DH a picture - he liked this idea. He said - you'll have more hair - I like it.

Honored Contributor

I love her hair too! I think it will look cute on you. 

Valued Contributor

I think she is a beautiful woman..  Beautiful hair and skin and sticks with her own unique style.  Good for her.

Honored Contributor

To me, the sweep is a little too dramatic (same goes for the dark eyelashes).  I like it better when she puts her hair behind one ear.  I wish she would wear earrings; I'm just guessing, but she appears not to care for jewelry.

Honored Contributor

@AuntG wrote:

To me, the sweep is a little too dramatic (same goes for the dark eyelashes).  I like it better when she puts her hair behind one ear.  I wish she would wear earrings; I'm just guessing, but she appears not to care for jewelry.

@AuntG

interesting article about mikas style.......

"I used to think that if you wore a high heel, a little platform would help you walk in it better," she said. "But ultimately I think it looks a little needy. Looking at every picture where I've worn really high heels, I'm like, 'ew.' But the classic outfits, it could have been taken yesterday."

She had a similar epiphany with jewelry.

"I just don't wear any," she said. "Every year in my early days of being a hostage to fashion, I'd wear jewelry, and a year later, I'd look at the tape and be like, 'Ugh, those earrings.' And every day you want certain things to be the same, and to me jewelry is kind of a distraction."

http://www.chicagotribune.com/lifestyles/style/sc-fash-tight-and-bright-mika-brzezinski-msnbc-201510...

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

I think she's a great looking, stylish, no nonsense kind of woman who is used to getting what she wants.

Contributor

I love Mika's hair, especially when she tucks it behind her ears.  I like her style too.

If I could keep up with the trims (which I wouldn't) I'd love to have my hair cut like hers.

I do get what you mean with the heavy, dark eyelashes ... a lot of contrast with such blonde hair, but I still think she is beautiful, and I like that she is herself.  I do get a bit tired of some of the anchors that look like they are going out to a club in Vegas.

I can't imagine the pressure these women are under, so I should just shut up ...

Honored Contributor

I agree - some news anchors dress like they are going out clubbing. Mika usually just has on a top or a blouse and a jacket or sweater.Friday morning she came in from her vacation to address the recent tweet uproar and she had on a chambray shirt with the sleeves rolled up.

Someone addressed the "sweep" of her bangs - trust me - I know this from experience - she has a cowlick there and that is what they do- give you a kind of dramatic sweep.

Honored Contributor

As far as I know she always tucks her hair behind her ears. It is most likely cut a little longer on the sides so she can, and I'm sure she uses a styling product to hold it.